Nothing

"Dumb conversation, we lose track of time. Have I told you lately, I'm grateful you're mine mine."

- Bruno Major (Nothing, 2020)

________

Y/N's POV

It's been about a month since we got back from Hawaii. A month since she asked to be her girlfriend. The feeling was unlike anything I've imagined. It was unexpected, and I thought I was going to be the one to ask, but just like seven years ago, she surprised me yet again. Of course, I said yes. I didn't think twice about it. And ever since then, things have been going pretty well for us. Better than they've ever been.

I've been staying over her house, and there hasn't been a single day that goes by without me sleeping over. We didn't want to rush things, and want to take things slow, so the idea of me moving in has yet to be brought up. I don't think either one of us mind taking such step into out relationship, but we're both so respective of each other's boundaries, and we're careful this time around.

Despite our busy schedule, we still found a way to make time for each other. She's recently been in and out of meetings for new projects, and I've taken more clients that I've ever been. There's even talks about expanding our studio to different locations such as New York and Washington. Everything is really working out for me, which scares me a little. My life has never been stagnantly well. For the most part, when it's going well, that means sooner rather than later, something will come out of nowhere and knock me on my feet, sending me a million steps backwards. I sure do hope it's different this time around. I deserve a permanent break.

"Guess who's here." A light tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my thoughts. I turned around and saw Lizzie with the biggest smile on her face. "Oh, and I got you food. 'Thena told me you were skipping lunch again, and so, I figured, why not bring you food."

"Oh, you didn't have to, but thank you so much babe." I gave her a quick kiss. I looked at my watch, "It's twelve-fiteen, aren't you supposed to be in another meeting right now?"

"It can wait. You're more important."

Lizzie ran her fingers through my hair, making me fall into a puddle of pure feels. She's been the absolute sweetest person ever since we resolved what happened between us. Like she promised, she hasn't stopped trying her very best to let me know how much she appreciates me, and the little things that she does is what makes me truly happy.

I normally would feel awkward when someone watches me eat because I get really self conscious about it, but with her, I didn't mind it. Not even in the slightest. I'd be lying if I said I didn't gush about it on the inside because I did. Maybe it was the way she was looking at me with that out of this world smile of hers, but it completely knocked me off my feet. I can't think of a smile as beautiful and as heartwarming as hers.

"Oh, you have a little— here let me..." Lizzie wipes the corner of my mouth with a napkin. "There you go. There's more fried rice if you want... I didn't really finish— what? Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face too?"

"No, you're just really amazing that's all."

"Thank you." She smiled once more, and I swore, I just about lost it for the hundredth time since she got here. "So, I have a question for you."