The Moon Song

"But with you my dear, I'm safe, and we're a million miles away."

- beabadoobee, Oscar Lang (The Moon Song, 2017)

____________

Y/N's POV

It was another busy week. Our slots were filled with never-ending sessions, and I barely have time to go out for lunch sometimes to eat. We would get caught up in a project that time would slip away. There were days where we didn't even get to go home until ten at night. Scarlett took most of the morning session, where she would come and go to record her original soundtrack with her partnership with Youtube. Every single time, she would bring my team something to eat, and we would eat together before a session. It's one of a few things I love about working so early with her.

MK was persistent about me skipping my meals. Every chance she got, she would either stop by with some food during lunch or she would pry me out of the studio so she could get me something to eat. I appreciate her efforts in making sure I get my daily nutrients so I wouldn't pass out anywhere as she so lovingly puts it. She definitely cares and it shows.

mary-kate ❤️‍🔥
you're skipping lunch again aren't you?

Y/N
hmm... maybe

mary-kate ❤️‍🔥
of course you are
you're always disobeying my request
you should be punished

Y/N
what if i want to be punished?

mary-kate ❤️‍🔥
then, it's a win-win situation
but i'm stopping by in a bit with some food

Y/N
coolio
i'll be waiting for you

mary-kate ❤️‍🔥
don't go anywhere and eat with someone else

Y/N
wouldn't dream of it
i rather eat with you baby

mary-kate ❤️‍🔥
what a flirt

"Who's got you smiling like that?" Miles came out of nowhere, scaring the absolute shit out of me.

"Jesus, you scared me." I shook my head at him.

"My bad, but who is it?" He asked. "Is it Lizzie? Are you guys goo-"

When he realized what he said, it completely changed the mood drastically. Suddenly, a painful sensation started to build up in my chest, and all I could think about was the amount of days we've been apart, and how much I miss her. She probably doesn't feel the same way. The pictures I've seen with her and Robbie, how happy she looked, and the way she looked at him, it made me feel like shit. I was reminded of what I tried to avoid for so long by loving her with all of me, but at the end of the day, none of it mattered. Not to her at least.

"Shit, I didn't mean to... I'm really sorry."

I let out a sigh, "It's fine. Really, you don't need to apologize."

I cleared my throat and continued with whatever task was taking up my time. I thought I could forget it all. The pictures and everything else in between. I was successful for a while, until I wasn't. I've buried my own feelings, distracted myself enough to where I started to believe my own lies. I told myself I was okay, and none of it affected me. But, it finally caught up to me. And I'm left empty handed once more.