Love Affair

"Don't overthink this is love, maybe it's just a crush."

- UMI (Love Affair, 2019)

____________

Y/N's POV

The next few days were tougher than most. It took a lot out of me to finally accept the idea of letting her go because I love her so much. I didn't think I could do it. Not in a million years to say the least. I used to think of the quote; "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back to you, then it's meant to be," was ignorant and useless. It didn't make sense to me that if a person truly loved someone, why would they let them go? It didn't occur to me of what that truly meant until now. I get it. I realized that holding on does more damage than letting go.

Nothing has changed. I still love her just as much. But, we both have to learn how to live without each other. If time brings us back together once again in a better state where the feeling flows both ways, I won't let her go. I'll do anything and everything to give us the future we both deserve. But, it isn't our time yet. Right person, wrong time.

I started the second session of the day on a good note. I'm still ahead of schedule, and I managed to finish Courtney's songwriting project. I'm vibing to the harmonic melody of the song currently being sung by the band as I adjusted a few sound technicalities. I'm in my zone more than ever. I can't remember feeling like this without purposely drowning myself with work.

A light tap on my shoulder pulled me out of my zone. I turned around and saw Scarlett behind me with a bright shy smile on her face. I stood up from my seat, and offered a hug, which she reciprocated almost immediately.

"Scar, what brings you here on this side of town?"

"What? I can't just stop by and see you?" Scarlett said in her raspy voice as she laughed in between. "But, also, I have some business to discuss with you. A three month contract."

We took a seat, "Sounds serious, but continue."

"Okay, so I'm planning on doing a short film with Youtube next month after I finish filming the current movie I'm in." Scarlett informed me as she handed me a folder filled with documents regarding the contract. "We need some instrumental tracks and possibly a song I'll be singing as an original."

I nodded, flipping through the pages of the document, and reading them thoroughly as I'm listening. I realized that this contract is almost the same as the ones I signed from Facebook almost five years ago. The only difference is how long the contract is good for, which is only three months.

"You don't have to give me a definite answer now. Obviously, I want you to read through it and let me know."

"Okay." I closed the folder, taking a quick peek at the band still playing their tracks. "Is that the only reason why you came?"

"Not entirely." Scarlett chuckled. "If you're not busy, I was wondering if we can go to the burger place in Inglewood like you talked about for lunch."

"Oh, yeah, of course."

"Great." She smiled excitedly. "Is it okay if I stick around to see how everything works? I've always been fascinated by all of this stuff."

I chuckled, "If you miss me that much, just say so. No need to use my profession as an excuse."

Scarlett rolled her eyes, "You're annoying."