Hold Her While You Can

"Hold her while you can cause someday you won't get the chance."

- Stephen Sanchez (Hold Her While You Can, 2021)

____________

Lizzie's POV

Over the course of the following month, both of our schedules were as busy and hectic as they've ever been. Y/N is still going through problems with finding major investors, while, I, on the other hand, recently just received my script for a very, confidential, new movie that Kevin Feige and his team proposed not too long ago. A Scarlet Witch movie. But, underneath the stress, and days where we rarely spend time with each other, we found a way to do it together. Be each other's solace.

The month was so eventful for the both of us that we were completely unaware of the fact that it's time for us to fly to Italy for her mom's birthday. Luckily, the day before our flight, we were both off work, so we spent half of it packing, and the other some much anticipated rest. We both needed it. Unfortunately, even with some good night's sleep, having to wake up at five in the morning for an eight in the morning flight still took a toll on both of our bodies.

"Babe, MK's outside." Y/N stated. "Are you ready to go?"

I nodded as I looked around me, making sure that I do have everything, "Yep. I'm all packed and ready to go."

We held each other's hands as we made our way outside. "You're lucky I like you, Y/N. I don't usually wake up this early." MK huffed as she popped the trunk open, helping us put our luggages.

"We really do appreciate you doing this for us."

"Yeah-yeah."

After everything was secured in the trunk, Y/N and I sat comfortably behind the passenger seat. MK drove to the main road, and I leaned my head against Y/N's shoulder so I could get a quick nap in. She kissed my forehead, warming up my heart before I drifted off to sleep.

The drive to LAX was forty minutes but it felt like my nap was shorter. I slowly stirred into consciousness after Y/N woke me up. She took her jacket off and put it on me so I could be warm. And when she noticed a couple of paparazzi around the corner, she put her black, ray ban sunglasses and the hoodie up. We bid our goodbyes to MK and began to make our way inside. I lowered my gaze to our intertwined hands throughout the way, the flashes of the cameras giving me a slight headache.

Fortunately, since it's an early flight, it only took us ten minutes to get through checking in and TSA before we found ourselves right by our gate, waiting to be boarded. Still a bit tired, I remained my sloth held in Y/N's arms as I'm finding it hard to stay awake. Right as I was about to fall asleep, the sound of Y/N's phone ringing inside one of her many cargo pockets.

Y/N- Oh, hey, mom!

M- Sweetheart, I can't wait to see you. Are you at the airport? Where's Lizzie?

Y/N moved the camera far back a bit to where I'm in the frame. I drew a wide smile, happy to talk to her. It seemed like she had just gotten off work, and somehow finding time to have a quick conversation with her daughter.

L- Hello, Mrs. Y/LN. I can't wait to see you again. How's your husband doing?

M- Me too! And my husband is doing fine. We're excited to see both of you. We recently just finished renovating the guest room for you guys.