Prologue

Abhi kept looking at Sahana as she kept walking away from the garden trying to avoid him. Abhi walks forward towards her "Sahana please listen to me". She ignores him and keeps walking away "I don't want to hear anything Abhisekh.. I thought you were genuinely being a friend.. but you..".

Abhi tries to stop her, he holds her hand "Please Sahana.. please once listen to me completely.. you heard only a part of what I said Sahana.. please". She turns towards him and gives him a sharp look "Oh really.. what was the other part haan.. that you will send my son away when he grows.. because you want me and not him".

Abhi looks at her shocked that she would think such a thing about him "No Sahana.. please.. listen to me.. I never spoke anything like that.. you know I love Devansh right.. how will I send him away". She withdraws her hand from his "Enough Abhi.. I don't want to hear anything.. I have seen enough.. and heard enough".

Abhi's eyes well up with tears as she jerks away his hand and walks away but he didn't let his tears spill. He was determined to convince this stubborn woman to understand him and listen to him. Her ex-husband, Vishwesh had interfered in their relationship and thus Abhi was facing the consequences.

Her eyes too were threatening to spill tears thinking that Abhi wanted to do such a thing to her Dev, she would never allow anyone to separate her from her Devansh. Her ex-husband had already done enough damage that she still had issues trusting men. She didn't know why she was able to trust Abhi, she felt safe with him and a kind of peace when she was with him.

She never thought he would speak such a thing. Hearing him saying that he wants her in his life but not her Dev was not something she could tolerate. She had got many proposals ever since her separation with her husband but all of them refused to take up her Dev's responsibility.

She was determined that she could take care of her Dev alone and not leave him with her ex-husband. Even when her parents suggested her to let her ex-husband get the custody of her then just a month old boy. She had fought against him then and still was fighting against him, and having another man in her life who didn't want her her son was the last of her thoughts right now when she had a case to fight for against the father of her son.

When she met Abhi she thought he was different, he never treated her differently just because she is a divorced woman and a single mother. He always played with her Dev, making him smile and giggle all the time he was with Abhi. She was happy seeing him happy, that's all she wanted to keep her son happy.

Abhi runs to her and pulls her back holding her hand, she crashes into his chest. She looks up at him blinking back her tears "What the..", he looks at her "What am I to you Sahana". She tries to look away from him but his olive black eyes held her captive, not letting her shift her gaze from his.

Abhi's eyes bore into her golden brown ones "Tell me Sahana". She tries to pull away from him but he holds her shoulder firmly yet softly so as to not hurt her. He keeps looking into her eyes, she leaves out a shaky breathe as he pulls her further closer. She looks at him straight in the eye "No.. no one.. you are no one to me Dr.Abhisekh Rao".

His hands glide down from her shoulder to her waist causing her to shiver at his touch, she draws in a sharp breathe as his touch causes her whole body to tingle. They both knew there was something going on between them ever since they met, that is since the past three months. Even without their knowledge they both were already bound together by an unknown bond.

Her heart beats like a drum being played with fast beats at his slightest touch. She shivers like a soft flower petal in his arms. She had not felt this secure, even with her husband, she didn't ever feel the sense of security that she felt with him even at the present moment when she was trying run away from him.

His heart too keeps thumping in his chest as he held her close in her arms. He didn't know what was his bond with her, but he never wanted to leave her alone nor did he want to see her sad because of anyone. He knew her Dev was her happiness, he also wanted to be a reason for her happiness along with her Dev. He pulls her slightly closer holding her waist.

She crushes his shirt in her hand at his slightest touch. He could see her shivering in his embrace, he still keeps looking into her eyes "Am I really a no one to you Sahana.. Tell me Sahana what do I mean to you.. this time only the truth"

She refuses to say anything more still looking into his eyes, her eyes again well up "No matter how many times you ask.. it's going to be the same.. you mean nothing.. nothing at all to me.. you were my friend.. but after that nothing.. at all!!.. get it through your head Dr.Abhisekh Rao.."

He keeps looking at her "Then why are you getting affected by my touch Ms.Sahana Krishnakumar.. why tell me..". The winter evening breeze keeps blowing in their direction causing both of them to shiver slightly. Her hair was tied in a messy bun with few strands flowing with the breeze.

Sahana was about to tuck the strands of hair behind her ears when Abhi removes his one hand from her waist and stops her by holding her hand. She looks at him confused, he let's her hand to rest on his chest just like before and brushes the strands of her hair with his fingers.

His fingers brush against her earlobe as he tucks in the strand of her hair behind her ear. She sucks in a sharp breathe as his fingers brush against her earlobe and she gulps a lump in her throat to moisten her dried up throat.

His eyes drop to her lips as she sucks in a breathe, "why do you pull me like a magnet Sahana.. I cannot help myself.. I keep getting attracted towards you like a piece of iron gets attracted to a magnet.. what is this between us.. you know you feel it too..".

She still keeps looking at his eyes "I.. I don't feel anything for you.. I.. I can't feel anything for a man who doesn't want my Dev along with me..". Abhi was about to say something when they hear the a squeaky sound. Abhi and Sahana jump apart hearing the sound knowing who it is.

They both turn around to look at source of the sound, it was one year old Devansh running and crawling towards them with a squeaky toy in his hand. They both go hear him, Sahana lifts him up in her arms "Devu you were sleeping na why did you come here".

He giggles looking at Abhi and tries to reach out to him but Sahana takes him away from Abhi. She keeps shooting glares at Abhi "He doesn't want you baby.. don't try to reach him.. we also don't need him Devu". He still tries to reach out to Abhi "Aviii.. Mamaa Aviii", Abhi smiles looking at little Devansh trying to take him from Sahana.

She kept pushing Abhi away, he looks at a giggling Devansh and talks "Sometimes kids understand more than grownups.. I'm right na Dev.. I will never let you go anywhere okay.. you and your Mumma will both be with me.. your Mumma thinks I don't understand.. tell her to stop believing that video her ex-husband sent her".

Devansh giggles more clapping his hands and again tries to reach for Abhi. Sahana again turns him away from Abhi "Stop it baby.. stop trying to reach him Devu.. he doesn't want you baby.. doesn't matter who sent the video.. when it is true.. now he will lure you with his sweet talks but later he won't even care for you Devu.. let's go inside.. we don't need him or any man..".

She shoots one final look at Abhi and goes inside taking Devansh with her leaving him standing outside in the cold weather all by himself. He keeps looking at their retreating figures, a drop of tear falls from his eyes as she leaves. He didn't know what it was, what was the bond they both shared, he knew it was something pure but he didn't have a name to that bond.

He wanted to see her and Devansh happy, and marriage was a sensitive topic for her and her ex-husband had used it to provoke her against him. He knew one thing for sure that if he ever got married to her, he would want both her and Devansh to be in his life and it would not be just her because in these three months they both had become an integral part of his life.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

Hope you all will welcome Abhi and Sahana with open arms❤️🤗

Yours lovingly
-Dharini