Chapter 2

At Lakshmi Home,

It was midnight, a woman in her mid 20s was looking out the window of her room at the dark sky, why is my life so dark.. one mistake.. I did one mistake in my life.. Love.. the biggest mistake of my life I guess.. all that we read in books and see in television.. that kind of love nobody gets.. those oh so perfect gentlemen.. definitely don't exist.. definitely not in my life..

I never expected him to be perfect.. none of us are perfect.. but the least I expected was him to support me.. but he couldn't!!.. even if he couldn't atleast he shouldn't have gone against me and done that.. I would never forgive him for what he tried to do.. and all these so called men that Amma (mom) and Appa (dad) try to make me meet.. they would never accept my present..

I don't think so there would be any man who would accept my past as well as my present.. but no worries.. I can fight on my own.. learnt it the hard way.. but I'm not giving up.. giving up has never been me.. Sahana krishnakumar doesn't give up.. I will fight till I get what is mine.. no one can interfere in this. She suddenly hear the sound of little anklets, she rushes to the bed. She sees her baby, her little Devansh moving his legs and hands stirring in his sleep.

She smiles and starts patting on his little tummy to coo him into sleep again. She caresses his hair lightly with her one hand and pats on him with the other "My little baby.. Mumma will never leave you Devu.. Mumma will never let you go to the people who don't deserve you.. you will not suffer my baby.. I can be both your Mumma and dadda.. I will always be there for you my kiddo.. you are my world now..".

She keeps patting on him and she herself also drifts into sleep looking at him. Devansh, who she calls Devu or Dev is her 11 months old son, for whom she is ready to give the world. She had been fighting for him from her husband ever since she got to know that she is pregnant, and now to add on to her stress, she was fighting with her parents also to keep him with her.

She had left her home when Devansh was just 5 months old. Her parents wanted her to get married, this time to the man of their choice as they had seen her choice and how her life turned out to be. She couldn't just move on leaving behind her past so soon, she needed time but they weren't ready to give her that time and to top of it off, all those men that her parents wanted her to see were very keen on trying to send her Dev away from her.

Some wanted to send him away to hostel once her turns old enough to go to school while others asked her to hand him over to her ex-husband. She couldn't take that, she rejected them all who weren't ready to accept her son. Though she didn't want to get married now, she had given a nod just to make her parents happy after her failed love marriage but then how could she tolerate anyone trying to separate her from her son.

She tried to make her parents understand but when they didn't she couldn't think of any other option than moving out so that she can get a peace of mind. Being at her house suffocated her more as her parents kept throwing taunts at her saying that it would be better if she left Devansh with his father. She just couldn't take it, she had shouted at them saying "I can take care of my son.. he didn't want the baby back then.. I nurtured my Dev.. he is a part of me.. why should I give him to that man who tried to..

No never!!.. if you think of me or him as a disturbance tell me Amma.. I'll leave from here.. My Devu isn't going anywhere.. he will be with me.. and those suitors that you and Appa keep bringing.. please tell them beforehand that I have a son.. stop hiding it!!.. I gave a nod only to make you both happy.. I thought you will accept Dev then.. but this is not done.. Please let me be in peace for sometime.. you cannot expect me to jump into another relationship when the one I had previously broke only 10 months ago.."