Chapter 19

Sahana's POV

The glass that dad was holding in his hand crashed on the floor..

I was scared looking at his blazing eyes..

I held Hriday hand even more tighter.. I'm sure if I had held them a little bit more tighter his finger would have been crushed..

Dad stood up from the sofa at once.. with him mom also stood up..

He came near me.. his eyes were red and I was really scared to look at him now.. I have not seen him like this..

"How could you Sahana.. you broke our trust.. this is not why I sent you to college.. this is not why I send you to work.."

"Paa.. I love him.. I didn't break your trust Paa.. is loving someone wrong.. I promise you Pa.. I will not do anything wrong.. I told you now.. I was scared of your reaction.. see na now also you are so angry.."

"So.. what were planning to do.. run away with him.. leave us.. what were you planning to do Sahana..", he yelled

I shuddered in fear as Hriday held me by my shoulder..

"Pa.. I would never do that.. I love you and Maa too much to do that.. please don't say that.. I would never leave you like that.. I would marry him only with your permission..

I won't ever try to run away from my family.. Please Paa.. I do love him.. he is important but not more than you and Maa.. leaving him for you or leaving you both for him is not something I can do.. All of you are important to me"

I stepped closer to him "Pa please.. let me marry him.. I'm sure he will keep me happy.."

Suddenly I felt a slap land on my face..

It was not from dad but from my mom...

Hriday stepped in front of me "Maa what is this"

My eyes welled up.. I couldn't control my tears which streamed down my face..

My dad was also shocked turned towards mom "Meenakshi what is this.. I was talking to her right.. you shouldn't have.."

She looked at me "She shouldn't have done this.. she is causing an embarrassment for us.. how can she do this.. what will everyone say.. Hey Rama!! To whom will I show my face..

First she turned down all the job offers.. and did some photography course.. for doing what.. click pictures of half naked men and women.. and now this..

She keeps going here and there saying she is going to click pictures of people.. did you go that or did you roam around with this guy you are talking about.. what were you doing all those times.. haan tell me.."

Her words hit me like a bullet.. that slap also didn't make me feel so much pain as much as her words did..

She is thinking that I lied.. I never lied to go and meet Vishwesh

Am I an embarrassment..

I didn't know she felt that way about my career choice also..

I was speechless.. I didn't know what to say..

Hriday turned towards me and wiped my tears which were flowing without my knowledge "Come with me doll.. don't listen to them.. you are not an embarrassment nor have you done anything wrong okay.."

He took me back to my room and made me sit on the bed and kneeled in front of me "Shhh doll.. you know na I love you.. shhh dolly"

He sat next to me and pulled me into his embrace..