Chapter 72

Abhi's POV

I kneeled in front of her and held her cheeks "What happened Sahana"

She looked away trying to remove my hands from over her cheeks "Nothing Abhi.. I'm fine.. something went into my eyes"

I shook my head "No Sahana.. I can sense it.. something is wrong.. you are not yourself.. something is bothering you.. what happened baby.. tell me"

She removed my hands from her cheeks "Nothing Abhi.. I told you na.. I'm fine.. why are you asking again and again"

I kept looking at her and sighed "Okay fine.. I'm not asking anything sweetheart.. let's just celebrate your birthday.."

"Come on blow the candle and make a wish✨"

She kept looking at me with a blank expression "Why are you doing this for me Abhi.."

I smiled and looked at her "Do you really not know why I'm doing this for you?"

Her face remained expressionless..

It reminded me of the day she rejected me.. that day also it was the same..

She didn't respond anything.. just had an expressionless face..

"Sahana you are scaring me baby.. what happened to you.."

She stood up "Why are you doing this for me Abhi.. tell me.. what am I to you that you are doing all this.."

I held her by her shoulder "Sahana I love you.. you know that na Sahana.. baby I love you.. I cannot be without you or Dev Sahana.. you both are my whole world.. I want to be with you.. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.. I wanted today to be the beginning of our forever after..

I wanted to make your birthday memorable.. I was waiting to tell you this once again.. I wanted to ask you to marry me Sahana.. I don't want to be without both of you anymore.. you are my soul's craving Sahana.. I have waited and desired your presence in my life.. I'm not ready to let go of you.. with you I don't feel that incompleteness in me anymore.. with you I don't feel left out.. with you I don't feel the need to put up any act.. I tried to forget the feelings that I have for you Sahana.. but I couldn't..

You are the only one for me Sahana.. that's why I was not able to connect with anyone before you came into my life.. and after you entered my life I couldn't think of anyone else Sweetheart.. I want you to be my wife and life partner.. I want Devansh to be my son.. and if you don't mind I want to make more babies with you.. I promise to be your partner and support you at every stage.. will you marry me Sahana?"

I was holding both her hands in mine and looking at her expecting her reaction..

Her expression still remained blank..

"Sweetheart you are scaring me.. I know baby you also feel the same for me.. I have seen it in your eyes Sahana.. you cannot deny now.."

A lightning struck just then..

She looked elsewhere "I don't know what you are talking about.. and last time itself I told you Abhi you are just a friend and I don't feel anything for you.. stop all this.. I'm not interested in you.. please stop doing all this.. stop making me feel guilty for rejecting you every time.. stop making me reject you every time.."

Suddenly it thundered..

I didn't mind the thunder or the lightning when our life is already becoming a mess..

I tightened my hold on her hand "No Sahana you are lying.. I have seen it.. you feel the same way about me.. from those jealous looks to you staring at me without my notice.. from glaring at me for not spending time with you to silently following me from behind.. I have noticed everything Sahana.. don't lie.. if not all this.. that kiss we shared.. that is enough proof to show your feelings for me Sahana"