Chapter 26

Back to Present..

Author's POV

Sahana's eyes were filled with tears so were Abhi's. He had now understood the depth of her pain and how much she was hurt by men. Now he came to know why she thinks men leave at mention of responsibility. She has seen only such men in her life, first her father who thought she was just a responsibility, second her husband who had wanted to get rid of their baby, third all the men who her parents brought in front of her who didn't want to take responsibility of Dev. All the men in her life had disappointed her except her brother.

He held her hand in his and put his arm around her shoulder pulling her into him. She had been keeping it all in for a long time that it was finally time she let it out to heal herself. She buried her face in his chest and held his shirt crushing it in her hand while her tears flowed unstoppably. She had been strong for too long, it had not been easy for her to put up a smiling face when she had been hurting on the inside.

Abhi kept caressing her hair "Why didn't I see it Abhi.. why didn't I understand before itself.. was I so blind being in love with him that I couldn't see all that..". Abhi shook his head "No.. no Sahana.. he just didn't show it to you.. you weren't blind dear.. you loved him whole heartedly.. he couldn't see your worth or the worth of a woman.. he didn't deserve you Sahana.."

Abhi kept rubbing her back as she poured out her pain in the form of tears. She kept crying in his arms till her tears drained out. Once her tears had drained off and she had stopped crying he made her look at him holding her face in his palms. He kept looking at her chocolate brown eyes which glistening with the tears still while she could see his pitch black eyes glistening for her.

Those eyes felt the pain in her, those eyes had cried for her, she could see that. For a moment she lost herself in his eyes and found herself back in them. The sincerity that his eyes held overwhelmed her, her belief that every man runs away from responsibility seemed to waver in front of him. He didn't seem like the one who would run away from his responsibility nor did he seem like the all men who think themselves superior to women.

"Sahana let me tell you something.. fighting people unknown to us is an easier task compared fighting our loved ones.. fighting our own family is not at all an easy task.. it is the hardest of hard task.. you are a warrior.. many women give into their husband's words even if they know it is wrong but you didn't.. you fought for yourself and your baby..

You are a lioness.. a lioness roars when her cubs are under threat.. you did too.. you were a lone warrior.. a lone lioness till now but now you have so many people around you who support you.. you will always have me to support you in every way possible.. I promise you that.. never doubt yourself Sahana.. you were just too good for that man who couldn't understand your worth..

A man doesn't become a man when he doesn't bow down in front of a woman or tortures her.. he becomes a man when he knows her value and not let her compromise on anything just for his sake.. he becomes a man when he understands her.. he becomes a man when touches the soul of a woman not just her body.. same applies for a woman too..

and marriage means partnership Sahana.. you are supposed to have equal parts in everything.. marriage doesn't mean just equal part in bed.. it means equal parts in life too.. every decision that is taken should have equal contribution of both.. if one stands other should also stand and talk.. if one sits then both should sit and talk.. it cannot be just one standing and one sitting all time.. there would begin the partiality..

That started in your life when he decided to interrupt your life and take things in his hand without caring about your opinion.. your perspective.. what you wanted.. he didn't understand what you wanted while you understood his perspective.. he failed that moment he didn't understand your perspective..

you deserve to be happy Sahana.. you deserve love.. and Dev deserves a father who would love him just the way he is even if he may or may not perfect.. I'm sure you would get such a man who would fulfill both these roles.. trust me Sahana not all men run away from their responsibilities.. you will see it when you meet the right man.. you have let out all the pain which you had kept inside you..

I know your scars are too deep but one day they will be healed.. that day you will yourself come and tell me that some stay no matter what life throws at them". He smiled wiping the tears from her eyes, her eyes kept looking at him, listening to each of his word intently. He engulfed her hand in his looking into her eyes "Till then I will be your constant support.. at every stage.. I will not leave this hand of yours or Dev's Sahana"

His pitch black eyes kept shining as he kept looking at her. She felt a sense of relief having him by her side. Her heart had filled up with warmth from his words. This man had unknowingly made his way into her locked away heart. The sincerity in his words when he said he would be with her at every stage was enough to make her believe that he would stay with her and Devansh no matter what.

She looked towards her hand which was securely held between both his hands, it gave her the feeling that no matter what he would be right here next to her holding her hand whenever she needs. He stood up holding her hand making her to stand too "Okay you have cried enough.. let's make you laugh now.. I'll take you to a special place now.."

She looked towards him confused, he took her towards the car and made her sit down. He made a call to someone before climbing into the driver's seat. She looked towards him wiping her leftover tears "Where are we going", he smiled looking towards her "I told you na it's a special place.. so it's a surprise.. and I know this much that you should not tell the person you are trying to surprise the surprise place".

Sahana smiled a little at him, he looked towards the smiling her "Good.. this is how you should be smiling.. see you smile then Dev will also smile and if you cry seeing you Dev will also cry.. and I like the smiling mom-son duo not the crying one.. and you look pretty while smiling so keep the smile on your face.. not the fake one okay.. this genuine and happy little smile". She smiled a little more looking at him "Okay", he smiled to himself being proud of making her smile and started the car to the special place.

They drove for almost 2 hours before they came to a stop outside a big beachside house, she kept questioning him where they were going but he kept saying it is surprise. She tried to argue that Dev would be waiting but he told her not to worry and that his mom would take care of Dev. Abhi took her inside, just when she was about to step in she heard cute giggling sound and the sound of squeaky shoes.

She knew it was definitely Dev, she looked towards Abhi surprised "Dev.. he is here??", He nodded smiling looking towards her. She saw Unnati holding Dev in her arms and entering inside the house from the back door. He was giggling while she kept tickling him, Yash was following behind them.

Unnati smiled looking towards Sahana "Welcome Sahana", Yash slid his arm around Unnati's waist while she swatted his hand away glaring at him. Abhi chuckles looking at them and whispers to Sahana who was looking at them amused "Don't worry.. these two are like this only always". Dev leaps to Sahana from Unnati's arms "Mama", she smiles taking Dev into her arms.

Abhi smiles looking at them, he turns towards Unnati "Lunch ready!?", she nods "Ofcourse.. you tell me one work and I don't do it.. that cannot be possible na Abhi". Abhi looks at her narrowing his eyes "You did it!?", Yash jumps in "Aree then you wouldn't see me alive here right.. obvious na we ordered it..". Just then Aadhira and Karthik comes inside "And we got the deserts", Abhi smiles "Where is Mumma?", Karthik looks towards him "We asked her to join us but she told us to drop her home saying what will I do when you all kids are together"

Abhi looks at him "Kids.. who kids.. I'm the only kid here.. well along with Devansh.. not you all people okay..". Sahana laughs looking at him, soon everyone joins in while Abhi pouts looking at them "Excuse me what's so funny in this..". Sahana looks towards him still chuckling "You saying you are a kid.. the oldest kid hunn..", he turns his face away from her crossing his arms over his chest to show that he is angry while the truth remained that he was happy to see her smiling and laughing.