Chapter 37

Sahana's POV

My phone kept ringing disturbing Dev's sleep..

Ughh!! who is it at this time!! Do people not have any time sense..

I picked my phone from the side table to see that it's Abhi..

Is he even serious!! He left just now and I made it clear that I don't want to talk to him.. why is he calling me..

I rejected the call but he kept calling me again and again..

This man!! I better give him a piece of my mind..

I attended the call "Ab.."

"Hi.. please don't disconnect the call.. the person to whom this phone belongs to has met with an accident.. this was the last dialled number.. the other two were not reachable.. so can you please come to Jiya's hospital"

The phone slipped from my hand hearing that.. my heart raced at the thought of something happening to him..

Abhi.. Accident..

No!! Nothing will happen to him!!

I will not let anything happen to him!!

I picked up the phone "I will be there"

I need to leave but Dev.. he was still awake.. I have to make him sleep.. Arundhati aunty.. yes she will make him sleep..

I picked up Dev in my arms and rushed to her room "Aunty can you please take care of Dev.. I.. I need to go.. Abhi.. Accident"

She looked at my tensed state and put her arm on my shoulder and poured out a glass of water for me "Sahana calm down.. what happened ma"

I didn't even realise that I had been breathing heavily until she told me to calm down..

I gulped down the glass of water "Aunty Abhi.. he met with an accident.. I need to go.. he is in a hospital"

Arundhati Aunty took Dev from my arms, she caressed my hair "Nothing will happen to him.. go Sahana.. take care of him and yourself.. I'll look after Dev"

I nodded and left from there.. now how would I get a cab or an auto in the middle of the night..

I rushed inside to Ganesh's room, he came rushing as soon as he heard the news. He drove me to the hospital, and while on the way I called Unnati to inform her and asked her to inform Nivashini aunty as I couldn't get through her number.

I rushed inside the hospital praying and hoping he didn't get any major injuries from the accident

"Abhi.. Abhishek Rao"

The receptionist looked towards me "You mean Dr.Abhishek?"

I nodded "I'm sorry Ma'am.. doctor isn't in a state to look at patients.. I can refer you to another one of our gynecologist.."

She thought I'm a patient "I'm his friend.. I got a call he met with an accident.. I need to see him"

"Oh.. he is the OT ma'am.. please go to the first floor"

I thanked her and rushed to the OT

Please be fine Abhi🥺.. Please.. Please.. Please.. I can't take it if anything happens to you..

The OT light was ON, I looked through the glass, the doctors were wiping blood from his forehead

His white shirt was stained with blood.. he was unconscious..

I couldn't look anymore.. seeing him in this condition isn't something my heart was ready to take..

Tears poured out of my eyes without my notice..