Chapter 30

It had been a month since Dev's 1st birthday, the closeness between Sahana and Abhi kept increasing. Abhi didn't know what this feeling was while Sahana didn't want to acknowledge the growing feelings and kept ignoring it. Their friendship was blooming into something more beautiful was everyone's thought. There was only one thing that everyone especially Hriday was worried about, will this happiness be long lasting.

Abhi, Sahana and Dev were at a park, Dev was sitting on the see-saw with Sahana holding him while on the other side sat a little girl who Abhi was holding. Abhi and Sahana were pulling the see-saw up and down while both the kids were giggling when they went up and down. Though Sahana was trying to enjoy with Abhi and Dev there was a small part of her worried for the summon that she had got from Vishwesh.

The case was again to start next week, she knew her lawyer, Sherlyn would handle everything yet there was a part of her was scared thinking of her baby. She didn't want to involve him in any of this, this would just traumatise him if he had to go through all this. She had not been able to sleep properly since the past week thinking all this. Abhi too had noticed that she keeps thinking, he was waiting for her to come tell him but with her not opening up to him and suffering in silence for more than a week and a half he wanted to ask her.

After playing in the park for sometime, they left from there and went back to the home. Sahana changed Dev's clothes and put him to sleep, Abhi was sitting next to her. He puts his hand on her shoulder to bring her out of her thoughts as she keeps thinking something. She turns towards him "Yes Abhi", he looks at her "What is bothering you Sahana.. tell me".

She looks elsewhere and mutters "Nothing", he looks at her "Sahana don't say nothing.. you have been in your thoughts a lot lately.. I was waiting for you to come tell me.. but you didn't.. I understand if you don't want to tell me but atleast speak about it to Hriday". She looks at him "No Abhi it's not that I don't want to tell you.. I just don't want to worry anyone with my problems.. problems which I brought upon myself"

Abhi holds her hand and takes her out of the room asking someone to take care of Dev. He takes her to the terrace, gentle breeze keeps blowing, he turns her towards himself "You are thinking about the summon haan", she nods her head looking down. Abhi holds her chin and makes her look at him "Sahana why are you doing this to yourself.. you didn't do anything wrong.."

She looks at him as her big golden brown eyes well up, he looks towards her wiping her tear even before it flows out "He doesn't deserve these tears of yours Sahana.. do you think the man who let go of his pregnant wife at midnight in the middle of nowhere would care about this.. no dear.. he won't.. he doesn't deserve your anything.. not even your attention..".

He pulls away from her and turns her back towards himself "Do you see the sky Sahana.. the sun shines brightly to give us light yet people complain about its heat ignoring the fact that all this light that we get is because of the sun.. along with the light heat is also generated but that doesn't mean the sun is wrong right!?.. the heat produced is it's nature.. it burns to give us the light.. and so are mistakes human nature.. we all make mistakes.. and we learn from our mistakes..

Many will point out and many will complain.. but that doesn't make you wrong.. you are brave.. I told you na.. you can fight this out.. you did once without anyone's support.. and now you have so many of us.. don't worry Sahana". She turns towards him and takes him into a bone crushing hug, the hug takes him by surprise he doesn't hug her back.

His heart races at her sudden hug, he was trying to calm his mind saying, calm down.. slow down.. it's not like no woman has ever hugged you before.. it's just a hug. He was trying to calm himself when he hears her whisper "Hold me Abhi", he was not sure if what he heard was right so he was standing still not hugging her. She tightens her hold on him whispering a 'please', hearing that was enough for him.

He wrapped his arms around her holding her close to his chest, her small frame was wrapped completely under his huge frame. His warm embrace calmed her down, his embrace assured her that no matter what he would not leave her alone. He keeps caressing her hair while she keeps hugging him.

A beautiful feeling rises in his chest as she keeps hugging him, her little figure fit perfectly into his arms. His heart's yearning felt complete in her presence. This moment of intimacy between them felt serene to both of them. They were like the pieces of puzzle that fit together perfectly.

There was attraction between them but this moment was just pure, a moment which soothed their heart and soul. Sahana had been yearning for someone who would understand her unsaid words, understand her unspoken worries and most importantly understand her.

She had got that person in the form of Abhi, he had known her only for a short time yet he supported her more than anyone else ever would have. He had become the support she needed in such a short time. She didn't feel like any man would ever understand her again except her brother, but this man who was holding her in his arms even understood her unspoken words and worries.

She wondered how he decodes her worries and says the right words to her at the right time. She scrunches his shirt in her fists nuzzling herself into his chest. He smiles as she nuzzles into his chest due to the sun's rays falling on them just like how Dev nuzzles into his shoulder when he feels strong rays from the sun.

He realises how similar Dev is to his mom. He caresses her cheeks with both his hand, she looks up at him, her big button like eyes blinking as she looks at him. He bends down to her height as she keeps looking at him and leaves a soft and lingering kiss on her forehead. She closes her eyes getting a divine feeling with his kiss.

She opens her eyes to gaze into his jet black eyes which shine as the bright rays falls on them. A bond had formed between them but that bond didn't need a name, a bond that was unknown to them, a bond that wasn't just friendship but much more as those around them saw it.

His arms were still around her waist and hers still on his chest. Just then the terrace door opens due to the strong breeze and they both jump apart. They both look elsewhere, Sahana runs down to her room while Abhi moves towards the balcony rubbing his nape. He smiles to himself, What is this feeling when she is close to me.. what are these emotions that I get when I be with her.. this is not just friendship.. this is not just attraction too..

Sahana runs to her room as her heart flutters as she feels his lingering kiss on her forehead, Abhi why are you becoming that part of me that I don't want to loose.. I don't know where this whatever between us is going to take us.. but I don't want to hurt you.. our relationship should remain purely as friendship.. I don't want to loose you Abhi.. yet we cannot have a relationship between us even if you want us to..

He is a precious man but he cannot be happy with me.. that won't be possible at all.. he deserves so much more than me.. not someone who is discarded by someone else.. he definitely doesn't deserve that.. he deserves the best in everything.. not me.. he makes me feel understood, safe and secure.. his kiss today made feel all warm.. the girl who marries him.. the girl who he loves will be so lucky..

She was sitting next to Dev caressing his little tummy. Sahana hears a knock on the door as she keeps thinking, she unlocks the door and sees Abhi's mom, Nivashini standing there. Sahana smiles letting her in "Aunty.. please come in.. I think Abhi is still in the terrace", she smiles "I know that Sahana.. but I came here to see you now". Sahana smiles "Okay.. sit down.. aunty", she sits down on the couch and Sahana sits down with her.

Abhi's mom takes hold of Sahana's hand "Sahana Abhi told me you are worried about the court summon.. I want to tell you one thing Sahana.. A woman is very strong.. especially when she is determined of what she wants.. when she knows what is right and what needs to be done.. you know what you want right". Sahana nods, his mom smiles "Then don't worry Sahana.. everything will be fine.. we all will be by your side.. and I don't think Abhi will ever leave your hand".

Sahana smiles "Thanks aunty.. and I know Abhi will let go of my hand.. especially my Dev.. he is really special aunty.. he has been a big support to me.. he understands me like no one ever does". Abhi's mom smiles and caresses her hair "My baby is special.. and so are you.. so be strong and happy.. don't let anyone else falter your determination". She kisses on Sahana's temple and leaves from the room.