Chapter 36

Just a couple of days were left before the month's time that the judge had given Vishwesh to complete. Vishwesh had got successful in creating a misunderstanding between Sahana and Abhi. She had not spoken to him in the last two days. Abhi was trying to get her talk to him and listen to him but she wasn't ready to listen to anything after what she saw.

Sahana was sitting in the garden looking at the stars, Abhi had just then entered into the home. He saw her sitting on the cot in the garden, he had an emergency case at the hospital hence making it late for him to reach the home. Sahana had already fed Dev and put him to sleep, she asked Ganesh to be with him and was sitting in the garden thinking about the betrayal she got from a man again.

Her eyes glisten looking at the sky, why did you do this.. just when I was starting to gain trust on men.. just because of him.. why did to do this Abhi.. how could you become like those men you swore that you were not.. life is so strange!! Just when your wounds start to heal it gives you another one which you cannot forget for a lifetime.. especially when the wound is from the one who had started to heal me..

Abhi looks at her with a longing in his eyes, Please trust me Sahana.. I would never do such a thing ever.. how can I leave Dev when he has become the son I never had.. I know marriage is a very sensitive topic.. I didn't think he would do such a thing.. I just wanted to prove him wrong when he provoked me.. you know me.. then why are you not believing me Sahana..

Abhi steps closer to her, Sahana feels a presence behind her. She turns backward to look who it is, when she sees Abhi, she turns away at once. He moves in front of her "Sahana please", she stands up to walk away, he holds her hand stopping her. She turns to shoot one look at him, those welled up eyes of hers reflecting pain makes him let go of her hand for a minute, making her walk away.

Abhi kept looking at Sahana as she kept walking away from the garden trying to avoid him. Abhi walks forward towards her "Sahana please listen to me". She ignores him and keeps walking away "I don't want to hear anything Abhishek.. I thought you were genuinely being a friend.. but you..".

Abhi tries to stop her, he holds her hand "Please Sahana.. please once listen to me completely.. you heard only a part of what I said Sahana.. please". She turns towards him and gives him a sharp look "Oh really.. what was the other part haan.. that you will send my son away when he grows.. because you want me and not him".

Abhi looks at her shocked that she would think such a thing about him "No Sahana.. please.. listen to me.. I never spoke anything like that.. you know I love Devansh right.. how will I send him away". She withdraws her hand from his "Enough Abhi.. I don't want to hear anything.. I have seen enough.. and heard enough".

Abhi's eyes well up with tears as she jerks away his hand and walks away but he didn't let his tears spill. He was determined to convince this stubborn woman to understand him and listen to him. Her ex-husband, Vishwesh had interfered in their relationship and thus Abhi was facing the consequences.

Her eyes too were threatening to spill tears thinking that Abhi wanted to do such a thing to her Dev, she would never allow anyone to separate her from her Devansh. Her ex-husband had already done enough damage that she still had issues trusting men. She didn't know why she was able to trust Abhi, she felt safe with him and a kind of peace when she was with him.

She never thought he would speak such a thing. Hearing him saying that he wants her in his life but not her Dev was not something she could tolerate. She had got many proposals ever since her separation with her husband but all of them refused to take up her Dev's responsibility.

She was determined that she could take care of her Dev alone and not leave him with her ex-husband. Even when her parents suggested her to let her ex-husband get the custody of her then just a month old boy. She had fought against him then and still was fighting against him, and having another man in her life who didn't want her her son was the last of her thoughts right now when she had a case to fight for against the father of her son.