Chapter 60

Sahana's POV

It has been 5 days since I saw my baby in person..

The only assurance for me is that he is with Abhi..

Dad's sudden cardiac had brought about panic in the house..

The doctors assured that it was a mild one.. but the news of him having blocks in his blood vessels which needs immediate surgery.. again made Maa panic..

I had calmed her down and consoled her telling her that Appa will be fine and I will take care of everything..

Hriday was also stressed knowing the present situation.. he wanted to come back but he had his classes and projects and he cannot be distracted..

I had to take care of everything..

I was relieved when Abhi took up Dev's responsibility till I'm back..

Today is the day of Appa's operation..

It was Deepak who would be performing the operation..

Me and Maa were sitting outside the OT waiting as they brought Appa to there..

Deepak looked at me and smiled "Don't worry Sahana.. your dad will be fine.."

I nodded "Thanks Deepak"

They went inside the OT and the surgery started..

Ganesh had taken an off and stayed with me as a support for me..

He had always been there with me.. he had become my biggest support in these days.. he supported me just like how Hriday would have if he had been here..

Though not directly Abhi was also supporting me..

After all that I have done to him.. he was still supporting me..

I knew that he kept getting the reports of Appa from Deepak every now and then.. I heard Deepak and Yash speaking to him on phone when I went to Deepak's cabin to get the reports..

Every day he would call me to make Dev speak to me.. his one glance a day gave me the much needed strength..

Dev was very happy being with Abhi.. I could see it on his face..

Even without being here with me Abhi was there.. his that presence was giving me so much support..

No matter what I couldn't deny that I needed him in every moment of my life..

On top of everything that was going on with dad, there was the Custody case whose last hearing is after two days..

Sherlyn was trying to push it further as dad was in the hospital and I couldn't focus on the case at the moment..

I hope that they accept the appeal to move the hearing further..

Me and Maa were sitting in the waiting room while Ganesh had gone to the home to freshen up..

Sometime after the surgery started Hriday called me.. he was also waiting for an update from the hospital like we were and he couldn't sleep even though it was night there..

How could he.. afterall it was our dad who was there in the Operation theatre undergoing a bypass surgery..

We all were waiting for an update.. Unnati too had joined us.. I'm sure it would have been Abhi's suggestion..

Unnati accompanied me to the cafeteria as I went to get breakfast for me..

I was getting a plate of idly for Maa and one for myself..