Chapter 63

Abhi's POV

I could see genuine smile on Sahana's face after spending time with Dev..

But I'm not sure if this will last long as she asked me drop her to the hospital..

She fed Dev and Mumma made sure that she had her dinner before we leave..

I was ready to drop her at the hospital but what was bothering me was what would happen if her mom blames and taunts her again..

We both got into the car..

I started to drive towards the hospital..

But my mind was still thinking what if Sahana gets hurt again.. what if her mom says anything to her.. what if she hurts her too badly again..

I parked the car and we both got down..

She looked at me as if asking if I'm accompanying her..

I couldn't let her go alone.. I wanted to see that she is fine with her mom and then leave..

"Don't worry Sahana I won't stay for long.. I will leave"

She nodded and we both went inside the hospital to the ICU waiting section where her mom was sitting..

Her dad was still in the ICU under observation so they will not be allowed to meet every now and then.. it was only during the visiting hours they were allowed to meet.. rest of the time they had to stay in the waiting room if there is an emergency and anyone from the patient's family is needed..

She went near her mom while I stayed at the door..

She tapped on her mom's shoulder who had her eyes closed resting her head against the chair..

"Maa please have dinner.. I brought home cooked food for you.."

Her mom just turned to the other side ignoring her..

Sahana sat down on the chair next to her "Maa please have your dinner.. for Appa.. for taking care of Appa you need to be fine.. so please"

She didn't even turn towards Sahana "I already had my dinner.."

Sahana was looking at her "Maa please don't lie.. I was not here.."

Her mom turned towards her "So what do you think.. you are the one taking care of us.. even if you are not here there are a lot of people to take care of us.. you go to the people who you want.. I don't need your help.. me and your Appa can manage without you"

I could see Sahana's eyes turning teary..

She tried to blink back her tears.. but a drop fell from her eyes..

And that's it!! I couldn't take it anymore!!

She didn't deserve this treatment!!

I moved towards her and her mom..

I held Sahana's hand and turned her towards me.. and I wiped off her tear..

She was surprised..

"Enough Sahana.. enough!!"

Her mom was surprised to see me.. she turned towards Sahana..

"What is this Sahana.. you brought him here also.. wasn't that news enough to break our family reputation that you brought him here to ruin it more.. and after what happened to your dad you are still seeing this man.. atleast I expected you to stay away from him.."

She was about to explain to her mom but I stopped her..

"Aunty.. please stop blaming everything on Sahana.. she didn't do anything wrong.. firstly, I work here in this hospital.. so even if you want you cannot stop me from coming here.. second, she didn't do any crime that you are blaming her like this.. it was me!! I love her.. she doesn't!! She rejected me!! Third, she has been praying and staying awake nights together yet you blame her for her father's condition.. how can you.. she isn't responsible for anything.. not for anything that happened to her.. nor for her father's condition..