Prologue 2 - Written in our stars

Ajay and Geet were alone at home, Geet was in the kitchen getting the dinner ready when Ajay sneaks up behind her. She gets startled as he hugs her from behind "Ajay.. what are you doing", he smiles breathing in her lavendar fragrance "I'm trying to romance with my wife but she is always busy". She chuckles looking at him "Awww poor baby.. do you want to eat burnt food", he shakes his head "But you know we can order right".

He buries his face in her neck while his hands keep caressing her waist. His nose brushes against her nape making her gasp, he leaves a soft kiss on her shoulder taking her breath away. He continues shower soft kisses on her shoulder, her voice gets stuck in her throat as she tries to stop him, only a soft "Ajay" comes out of her mouth. He turns her towards himself and cups her cheeks, he leans in closer to close the distance between them when she pushes him and runs off giggling.

Ajay was running behind Geet "Geet.. love.. stop.. don't run.. you know you can't escape from me.. I will catch you love". Geet was giggling and running away "No.. not at all.. let's see if you can catch me Ajay.. you are too slow", Geet keeps running ahead giggling while Ajay keeps running behind her. He catches hold of her hand but she again slips away and starts running, she turns towards him and shows her tongue teasing him.

Suddenly a ringing sound brings Ajay out of his dream, he opens his eyes at once as realisation dawns upon him that it's a dream, he has been dreaming about HER again. He rushes to the bathroom in his office/shop and splashes water on his face trying to get those memories to clear up from his brain. He looks at himself in the mirror, his eyes were red and looked tired due to lack of sleep. His overgrown beard which made him look like he hadn't shaved or trimmed them for months.

Just then he heard the door to his shop open, he wipes his face and goes out. He sees Vikrant, Vish and Kailash standing there "You all.. here?", Vish looks at him "What the hell is this Ajay.. have you seen yourself.. what are you doing Ajay.. this is not right Ajju..". Ajay looks at her "I'm fine Vish.. you guys go home.. I'll come soon", Vikrant looks at him "Seriously Ajju.. you don't look fine.. how many days has it been since you slept properly.. how many days has it been since you came home".

He looks elsewhere "I was busy.. there were a lot of new orders.. I need to get everything ready". Kailash walks closer to him and holds him by his shoulder "Bro we know you made a mistake.. but punishing yourself like this.. it's not right.. Maa and Papa (Mom and dad) are missing you so much.. we all miss you so much.. everyone is worried for you Bhai (brother).. it's been six months since she left..

Ever since that you stopped spending time with all of us.. you have confined yourself.. you come home late into the night after everyone has slept and leave before anyone even has a chance to talk to you.. now it's been more than two weeks you have come home.. and it's Arjun's wedding this week.. he told me you refused from attending.. what is this bhai.. he has supported you so much.. he left Mehra's corp just to be with you and support you..

He is your friend.. you cannot drown in your misery like this.. it's his big day.. he is your friend, has been your support and well wisher.. you should attend his wedding.. and I'm not hearing any excuses.. I know your shop is a startup.. you need to put effort.. but you can take a break for a week.. I'm dragging you along that's all.. and now you are coming home.. I'm not hearing anything at all..".

Kailash drags him out while he keeps protesting "Kailash.. stop.. Okay fine I'll attend his wedding.. now atleast let me do my work", Kailash looks at him "You are attending all the wedding rituals not just the wedding.. but before that you need to meet Maa and Papa who are worried for you.. so let's go.. and you need to shave and get a haircut". Vish and Vikrant smile looking at Kailash dragging him home, they knew he would not be able to refuse his baby brother even if he refuses them.