Chapter 57

Abhi's POV

I reached home after sometime..

That void feeling in my chest kept increasing as time passed..

I couldn't help but feel tears pricking my eyes.. I kept blinking them back so that I don't cry..

Come on.. Abhi and crying.. no way.. not a good combo.. Abhi and smiling and making others laugh is a good combo..

Mumma was taking her afternoon nap unaware of the storm going on inside me..

She had heated the food and kept it on the dining table for me..

But I had no appetite to eat the food..

I just went inside my room and locked the door from inside..

I don't want to worry Mumma with whatever is going on..

I don't want her to feel any dislike for Sahana.. I know even if I tell her Mumma would understand.. but still..

I changed into my tracks and t-shirt and sat down on the bed..

I didn't know what I was feeling at this moment..

There was a storm inside me..

I didn't realise when I took out the picture of Sahana and Dev from Dev's first birthday that I had got framed and started looking at it..

I also didn't realise that my tears were flowing down until I could see the droplets falling on the photo..

I wiped the tear drops on the photo and wiped them from my cheeks but they kept rolling down without my knowledge..

I didn't know for how much I kept sitting on the bed just staring at their picture..

I heard a knock on the door which brought me back to my senses..

I knew it was Mumma and I also knew I cannot hide anything from her for long.. she will eventually find out but till then I will not let her know..

I wiped off my tears and went to the bathroom to wash my face so that she doesn't see the tear stains..

"Abhi.."

I heard Mumma's voice calling for me..

"I'm coming Mumma.. I was in the bathroom"

I opened the door for her with a smiling face..

"Abhi how did the hearing go baby.. did Sahana win the case.."

I looked elsewhere as my thoughts went to think about Sahana and my eyes welled up..

Come Abhi control.. you can do it.. you can do it..

Once I was sure my voice won't quiver I turned towards Mumma "The judge has said that next hearing would be the last Mumma.. after that he would announce his decision.. I'm sure Sahana would win it.. Sherlyn will take care don't worry.."

She smiled "That's good news.. when did you come.. why didn't you eat.. I had kept the lunch on the dining table for you.."

My eyes were getting ready to pour despite my attempts to control them..

I was trying to blink back the tears and smile at Mumma.. she didn't need to know about my new rejection..

She has already been embarassed enough because of the rejections I faced everywhere..

I put up a big grin on my face "Arreee Mumma this Sherlyn dragged us along with her to celebrate the small victory.. I had food already.."

She smiled "Okay okay fine then"