Stay away from my family

April's: POV

I was on the playground with Emily and Eric. It was the hottest day of the year. I saw Adam walking up to us. I held them close to me. Mom and Ray was with us too. I'll protect my family with my life. I feel sorry for his baby. Eric stood protective in front of Emily.

"Isn't it a bit too hot to wear a hoddie in this weather?" I asked

"Isn't it a bit too hot to wear a hoddie in this weather?" I asked. "No." he said. I pulled up the sleeve and his arm was covered with dark purple bruises. "Has he done that?" I asked.

"It was an accident, I fell down the stairs at home" lied Adam. "He abuses you." I said. "Jack doesn't hit me." he replied. "Yes he does." said. "No he doesn't." he replied. "This is a playground, you're not alllowed to be here." I said coldly. Mom protected us. "Emily." replied Adam, but I held him back. Eric gave him a death glance.

"Why am I not allowed to hug my own daughter?" asked Adam confused. "You stay away from my family, you have caused enough problems to us." I said. "Go." replied mom. "I will." he replied and left. Emily started to cry and mom comforted her. "I'm sorry about that." I said. "Jack has changed him." replied Leila. "I can't believe he's my brother." I said and shuddered. "It's over now." she replied softly.

***

I locked every door and window when we got home. "I'm scared April." said Emily. "You're safe here, I don't let anybody hurt you." I replied. "Are you scared?" she asked. "Yes." I said. We hugged them and I had a worried feeling in mu body. Like something horribe is about to happen. I saw the worry in their eyes.

I feel for them

I hope you liked the chapter

~CharlieGlambert~