Chapter 23

Wesley sat there still mumbling about the situation. The nerve of that girl to tell him he looks like he needs more energy. She was getting far to comfortable too comfortable. Just then Wesley phone rang he picked it up and answered it. "What." He snapped. "Uh hi Mr.Hunter, there is a woman here with a Baby who would like to speak to you." The front desk woman spoke softly. "Tell her no im busy." Wesley Said. "Well we'll she's really insisting that you speak to her." She said. "I said I'm busy!" Wesley said slamming the phone. Once again the phone rang again. Wesley forcefully picked it up. "Hey you trying to get fired today?!." "Wesley it's me Betsy!! Remember please let me talk to you." The voice interrupted. Wesley eyes widened and frowned at the phone. "Some kind of sick fucking joke?" "No! Please let me see you!" Betsy wailed.  "Fine!" Wesley hung up.

Wesley waited in his desk shaking his leg out of nervousness. There was no fucking way Betsy was alive she died in the fire...he watched them burn...he watched it all happen...everything. Wesley felt anger wash over him because what if someone was playing games on him. He reached in his desk and pulled out a gun. Someone sure was gonna die today if this was a joke. Wesley Heard- small footsteps approach his door he stood up with his gun and waiting out on the door.
Once he heard a small knock onto the door. "Come in!" Wesley yelled. That's when the door opened and there she was with a baby on her hip and a white polka dot dress. "Good evening Mr.hunter." She smiled. Half her fave was burnt off but he can still tell it was her that smile was far to bright for him not to recognize. Once he heard her voice almost all the memories was flooding back in again.

He dropped his gun and fell to his knees tears began to stream down his cheeks. He held onto her waist crying into her dress. Betsy held his head crying too with the baby on her hip. "It's ok let it all out, shh I know I know." It was a long moment of crying.  Wesley though he never get  a piece of his childhood back. But god has given him something it was Betsy. "Now stand up I can't be carrying you and this baby here now can I?" She laughed. Wesley looked up at her and nodded. "Yes of course!"  He walked over to his desk and sat down Wesley was on his tones and very urgent. It made Betsy laughed. "You haven't changed a bit Mr.hunter." She sat down laughing. Wesley smiled. "Please call me Wesley." He smiled at her. "Ok Wesley we got some catching up to do I'm sure." She smiled again. "Yes yes we should address the elephant in the room should we?" He said eyeing the bouncing baby on her lap.

Betsy smiled. "This is rubber I had him about last year isn't he the cutest." Betsy looked down at the smiling baby. Wesley smiled at the baby. "He looks like him too."  Wesley smiled. "Now let's address the other elephant in the room?" Betsy smiled. "Where is she?" Wesley eyebrow perked up then he realized who she was talking about. "She's gone." He said standing up and walking toward the window. "Gone where? Wesley don't lie to me where is she." Betsy asked sternly. "I'm tell you she's gone for good." Wesley said sadly. "Wesley I'm sorry but you are mistaken I felt her my whole life trying to ignore it thinking my grandma was a crazy but she's here Wesley I feel it, I felt it then and I felt when I was escaping that burning house I didn't feel it when I moved but as soon as I walked into this building it felt far to familiar." She said. Wesley moved forward to Betsy. "I'm tell you Betsy she's gone I'm telling you! I watched her die...I watched it! Ada is no more!" Betsy looked up at Wesley and touched his head. "I know you may have watched her but whatever you saw was fake because she's here! I feel her presence Wesley I'm sorry that she has done this to you but..."

Wesley didn't understand he watched her die he watched her and now Betsy is telling him she's alive and not only that but she's here? It was a lie "Get out." Wesley said lowly with his head down. "What." Betsy asked. "Get out!" Wesley screamed making the baby cry. Wesley didn't want to hurt Betsy so he just wanted her to go he needed to take a breather.