Chapter 52

The night is loud and dark as the city is still alive. But on a lonely dark road is a car full of curiosity. Toby and April
"Daddd you obviously went the wrong way." The girl protest!
"You don't think I know that Sandra?! Please I'm trying to focus!" He yelled. "Honey don't be so loud! You don't want to cause attraction to us, you know how crazy the homeless can be." The women turned to the window. "All this for a stupid restaurant." Sandra rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Well excuse me for wanting to spend time with my family." He said sarcastically. "Whatever dad wake me up when we're there." Sandra put her sweater over her and laid her head on the window.

Just then a loud crash is heard right beside them. Toby instantly stopped and parked his car. Sandra popped up out of fear. "What the fuck was that!" Sandra said. "Hey language!" April pointed. "Looks like it came from across the street." Sandra pointed out at the window. Toby unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car. "No it's too risky what are you doing?" April said stopping her husband. "It's ok, if anything does happen drive the car and don't wait for me." He said holding her hand. April nodded. "Ugh what an idiot ." Sandra said. Toby left the car and crossed the street looking both ways. Toby walked slower and carefully approaching the scene. At first he only saw a shattered car at the top. But as he looked closer there was a naked girls body who had bruises, scratches, and blood leaking out of her leg. his eyes widened, he took of his glasses and his mouth hung open he looked up at the building. Toby went closer  tiptoeing as he reached his hand out to check a pulse.

Just then  a sound was made from the girl, as she was choking out a word. She painfully turned her head at Toby "h..h..help me."  Toby then turned to the car his wife and daughter was in.   running to the car and banging on the car. He opened the door and looked at his wife swear beaming down his forehead. "Sandra! Hand me your sweater!" He yelled. "Wh..why" Sandra.  "Now Sandra!" He yelled! "Honey what's going on?! April said in a panic.  Toby ignored his  wife and closed the door as he ran back across the street as he put  sweater over her. "Stay with me, stay with me!" He repeated over and over. He began to carry her and towards the car as he opened the back door to the car to a shocked Sandra. "We're going to the hospital!" Toby said.

"Oh my goodness!!" April said putting her hands on mouth. "Sandra keep pumping her chest." Toby said pointing to his daughter. Sandra frowned "uhh ok?"  Toby started the engine and began driving, speeding on the road ti the hospital. "Stay with us!" Toby yelled through the front seat.  Tears flowed from the girls eyes as she looked up. As they reached saint peters hospital, Toby quickly rushed. To the back seat to retrieve the girl and carry her. April and Sandra also got out of the car.
The three of them walked into the hospital with urgency. "Help! Help! Someone please help!"  Toby screamed his hand bloody from all the blood that was poured out. The hospital seemed like it came at a stop as the nurses dropped everything to assist the chaos that was happening.

Ada was quickly taken from his arms, and rested on to a hospital bed. Arna looked up she couldn't believe this was real. It felt fake it all felt fake. Everything felt fake. As she was taking into a room, she could feel all the people touching her body. For the first time she felt seen, noticed. She smiled as tears fell again. "Don't worry, we got you!" A surgeon said as he caressed her hair. Ada half smiled as they put something Over her face. She still loved him... she will always love him. No matter how much he hurts her. She was his, his property, his right, she signed her life away the moment she laid eyes on him.

"Mr. Smith." A nurse called him. As he walked over to her he smiled. "Yes." The nurse looked in clipboard. "I looked at all the reports and there isn't no trace or existence of a Ada Isa." She said flipping over the papers. "Hmm." Toby put his hand on his chin. "Let me go and discuss it with her, she could be a little loopy she just came back from surgery you know?" He said. "Yes of course mr. Smith." The nurse nodded then walked away. Toby walked back to the room, where Ada was staying, Sandra was on her bed smiling and talking  to her. "Yup! And this is the pink bracelet I got from birth oh and you have to shop with me some time you heal up!" She smiled. Mr. Smith half smiled and walked in.

"Looks like you two are catching up."  He smiled. "Yup I was teaching her all the newest trends." Sandra winked. As her mother April was sewing. "Good cause she's going to live with us for awhile." Mr smith said confidently. "What!" Sandra stood up shocked. "Toby!" April also stood up. "Yup! She will be with us from some time until we find out who she is? And maybe contact her family." He said walking up to her. Caressing her leg smiling. April glared. "Fine! But I'm NOT sharing my closet!" Sandra said walking out of the room. "Now sweetie, what's your name?" He smiled at her. Ada looked up at him slowly. "A..A..Ada." She dryly said. "Huh?" He asked. "A...Ada." She said again lowly.

"I'm sorry,  I couldn't hear you, did you say Arna?" He asked. Ada was about to correct him until. "we should forget about everything that happen. Because I could do it, I would do it"
Ada looked up and half smiled looking at the man's eyes. "Yes, that's right." She said. "Arna smith, doesn't sound to bad if ya ask me." He winked. Sandra came back in the room with water in her hand. "Sandra get in we're about to take a picture!" Toby said as the nurse stood there with the camera. "New family photo?" Sandra frowned. "Yes  now come on." April spat. As Ada  was on the bed and they all gathered around her. "1..2..3 say cheese."  Ada mouth slowly curled up into a smile.

*flash!

As Ada's eyes opened slowly opened. There she saw him standing there over her smiling from ear to ear. "Good morning my  silent killer."