Chapter 61

Fancy glasses, mini fountains, and a live orchestra. The room was filled with chatter and glitz and glamour, the woman had sparkling gowns bedazzled with the finest gems, and the men had suits tailored to the finest detail. It was Mrs.Betto's 74th birthday and almost all of the popular faces of Hollywood were attending including fellow rivals of the company as well as the most important faces. Ada and Wesley sat at the table where he and his grandparents sat as well as overbearing Luca and his miserable wife. Ada seemed to be quite nervous and antsy, frequently looking down at her heels, Wesley sits downs amused and smiling a bit and swaying his head to the music. Wesley then suddenly gets up catching the eye of long-lost friends of his, Ada quickly grabs his wrist and looks up at him with big brown eyes, and almost immediately he understood. "It's ok ill be back it's just a second... I promise." he gave a reassuring smile. Ada slowly began letting go as Wesley's hand slip away.  on the other side of the ballroom was the table where  Karla and Leo sat. Karla sat there watching Ada and Wesley with her arms crossed shaking her head. "I just can't believe this.. this has to be a joke," she said in disbelief.

Leo sighed and looked as well.  "I know me too, I guess we just have to wait and see how things play out." "He beat her like a fucking rag doll." Karla interrupted. "And here she is acting as if he's prince fucking charming... And I'll tell ya what Leo, I don't know much about men and I definitely don't pick the best but one thing I know is good husbands don't beat their wives." she ranted. Leo smiled at Karla, and found it quite amusing how passionate she was for her friend well being, you can tell she felt betrayed. "oh come on signora, forget about her for tonight have a drink and dance with me." he said getting up and smiling. Karla took a big sigh and looked at the glass in front of her she pondered for quite awhile then shrugged. "oh what the heck!" she took the glass and gulped down the drink taking Leo's hand as they began dancing their way to the dance floor as the orchestra began playing "sugar pie honey bunch."  almost everyone was making their way to the dance floor. 

Meanwhile, Wesley was at one of the tables catching up with his two friends Rachel and Aaron. " How's it going?! " Wesley excitedly said. "well im doing amazing, I'm in law school while this one hasn't even graduated college yet," Aaron said looking over to Rachel. "I told you I was taking a gap year!" Rachel rolled her eyes.  Wesley squinted his eyes "im.. not sure if that's what a gap year means rae." he said. "whatever! you will see when I get my big break." Rachel crossed her arms. "big break?" Wesley asked and looked over at Aaron.  Aaron moved close to Wesley and whispered. "She wants to be an actor now." Wesley nodded understanding. " Well.. you know me rae, I was in support of you wanting to be an artist, musician, astronaut, marine, doctor, and..." he thought for a moment trying to remember.  "thank you, Wesley! I wish someone could be just as supportive as you."  Rachel said pointing out Aaron. " oh yeah cause the thousands of dollars I constantly send you despite me being in law school is soooo not supportive...actually since you are so supportive why don't you start pitching in...too? "  he said thinking of what to say. "what the Rachel foundation?" he started laughing,  the two men laughed together. "fuck both of you guys." Rachel chuckled. "plus why would I need to work when I have two successfully rich hunks as best friends." she smiled.  "Because we're growing Rachel and sooner or later we will be starting families, I mean look at Wesley he's getting married soon."  Aaron sighed.

Wesley nodded and held out his hand to show an engagement ring.  Rachel quickly jumped. "oh shit really?! congrats wes!" she smiled.  "whos the lucky gal?" she asked. "her name is ad- Arna, Arna her name is Arna." Wesley quickly corrected himself but Aaron and Rachel quickly caught it, they both looked at each other. "you sure shes real Wesley?" they both began teasing him.

"fuck you, yes she's real." he frowned. " "come I'll show you." Wesley began standing up as the both of them followed. "I don't like ghosts, Wesley." Aaron laughed "shut up shes real." they all laughed as they made their way.