68 | Inauguration

'Are you ready Hee-Ra?' Namjoon asked, noticing my nervous state. I breathed in and out and nodded.

'I think I am.' I replied simply before Namjoon gave me a small grin.

We both stepped up to the main stage with two of Namjoon's men flanked by our sides and Seokjin right behind us.
The other members were all scattered around the ball room, prepared to retaliate those who became offensive. Most of the people were dressed indark expensive suits or in striking dresses.

Namjoon patted my back lightly trying to ease my anxiety before silencing the rowdy crowd with one swift motion.

'As you are all aware, I have gathered you here today, as Bangtan's leader, to discuss the plans that have been put in place for the future of Bangtan.' He explained with a firm tone of voice.

Namjoon gave me a quick glimpse and gestured for me to speak next.

I took deep, slow breaths and took to the mic.
'As Yong-Chul's daughter and heiress to the Dokssuri Mafia, I have decided to take the approach which conjoins both Bangtan and Dokssuri.' I sternly described, furrowing my brows to bring a more severe look around.

In response to what I had said, people began muttering amongst themselves, each carrying their own opinions about the decision.

I could hear Namjoon kiss his teeth in annoyance.
'Is there a problem here?' He scoffed, though his words sounded more like threat than a request for answers.
Everyone trembled at his cold commands, not daring to speak a word in resistance; all except one.

One of the men in the back stood on the few tables distributed around and pointed his finger at me and Namjoon.

'What is it?' I inquired, tilting my head.

The man cleared his throat and glared at us with blazing eyes. 'Do you think we would agree with the joining of both mafias without any of our consultations? Huh?!' He growled, stomping on the table, visually displaying his anger.

Namjoon sighed, rubbing his temples, while looking down at the bare floor. I quickly took the initiative to reply to the man's question.

'What are you talking about?'

The man thrusted his tongue into his cheek and chuckled, 'Don't play dumb with us... you couldn't care less about your people! Besides I will never let Dokssuri taint Bangtan's image! I refute to this consensus!' He bellowed, slapping his chest.

I sighed into my hands, thinking of a suitable response to the man's words.

'Look here-' However, I instantly got cut off from replying by Namjoon who held my wrist. He shook his head slowly and ushered me to take steps backwards.

I did as he instructed, watching him brush back his blazer. His hands curled around the gun tucked in his belt. He clicked his fingers and motioned the people who stood in front of the man to move to the side.

'Namjoon-'

In seconds flat, the quiet whispers from the crowd were immediately hushed by the deafening clangor of a gun fire.
The stubborn man who was standing on the table, clutched his stomach and wheezed before crashing to the floor; A huge pool of red growing around the unconscious man.

'What are you doing? Take away that eyesore from my presence, now!' Namjoon yelled, his blood boiling with exasperation.

Without a moment to hesitate, two people from the crowd went over to the sprawled body and dragged it out of the ball room. Everyone watching in astonishment at the whole procedure.

Namjoon raised his pistol straight out in front of him while pushing back his glasses and throwing a nasty look. 'Is there anyone else who opposes to the plan? If so, speak up now or else you'll meet the same fate as that bastard soon.'

The crowd shook their heads and looked down at the floor, avoiding eye contact. Namjoon then tucked the gun safely into his belt before sweeping his sweaty hair back.

'As were were saying before being rudely interrupted, Hee-Ra and I have decided to fuse both mafias in order to keep things in check and we will continue under the name Bangtan. Of course we will have to cooperate going further but it would be in our best interest to do so.' He continued seamlessly.

Namjoon then slid a sheet of paper towards me and pointed at the marked up section. 'You can do it Hee-Ra, I know you can.' He whispered, giving me a small thumbs up. I smiled taking over the lead.

'As you're all already aware of my position as heiress to Dokssuri, Namjoon and I have both discussed our thoughts regarding my role... and after a month of reviewing I have decided to drop my title as the Mafia Queen..' I explained causing the crowd to fall into commotion again.

Namjoon slammed the table hard, quietening them down. 'So from this point onwards, Hee-Ra will continue to be in integral member of Bangtan as our main advisor along with Kim Seokjin.'

'This may seem sudden but we gave it a long thought and realised that conjoining mafias will only require one leader and Namjoon is overall much more qualified for the position. Again, I've only been in the mafia circle properly for just over a year and becoming a leader is much too big of a role for me to comprehend, so please understand my situation.' I finished off, fumbling around with my fingers as the wave of nerves washed over once again.

For a moment the crowd were silent and I felt a shudder run up my spine. Was this the wrong decision to make?

However, everyone began to cheer with excitement; people were chanting Bangtan and others began popping open drinks. I smiled at the liveliness of it all. I'm glad they're satisfied with my choice.

'Now that everything is settled, everyone pour yourself a drink in honor of this new stage in Bangtan. As usual, let's continue to be the strongest in the game!' Namjoon shouted and the crowd roared simultaneously.

—————————————————————————

'What the fuck Namjoon? Hee-Ra? Care to explain what you just said?!' Yoongi shouted, driving his fist through the wall next to him.

'I'm sorry all of you... Namjoon and I thought it would be best to let you know with everyone else..' I replied solemnly.

'Ha.. I can't believe this right now..' Yoongi groaned, covering his eyes with his hands.

'We weren't sure of things completely, and thought it would be better to keep it a secret from all of you. Like Hee-Ra, I apologise for that.' Namjoon heaved a sigh, wiping the lenses of his glasses clean with a cloth.

Hoseok was the first to speak up.
'I'm sure that you did what you think is best.... besides, what matters now is that everything's been said and Hee-Ra is now our advisor.' He smiled, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

'I'm with Hoseok, it doesn't matter when you tell us as long as everything's running smoothly.' Taehyung chimed in, ruffling Yoongi's hair.
Both Jimin and Jungkook nodded along with him.

'It's an honour to be working along side you Ms. Song.' Seokjin grinned, lending out his palm and I shook it.
'It's my pleasure Mr. Kim.' I replied to which we all broke into laughter.

Yoongi then shot up from his seat. He sighed, rubbing his nape while looking to the side.
'Fine, it's not worth crying over anyways.. I'm happy for you Hee.' Yoongi whispered under his breath.

'Thank you Yoongi.' I muttered, nudging him and he rolled his eyes jokingly.

Taehyung then came around the corner with a champagne bottle in his grasp. 'Now that we're done sulking, let's get partying!' He exclaimed, showing off his pearly teeth and boxy smile.

'Party party yeah!' Jungkook yelled, raising his tulip glass into the air. Taehyung all poured us a shot and we then we circled around.

'For Bangtan!' We shouted in unison, clinking our glasses together before downing the champagne in one go.

A/N:

I bet no one saw Hee-Ra not being the mafia queen coming! Personally, I think it works better that way and would just make more sense!
What are your thoughts? ☺️

Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! 💜