2 | No Goodbyes

'Huh?' That was the only thing I could say.
Then Jimin laughed.

I looked back at my parents, 'What is he saying?'
Nobody said anything for a minute. I couldn't handle it, I lost my temper and started shouting. Jimin looked at all of us and turned around and walked down the path. Maybe he's giving us some space.
'Hee-Ra...I love you, you know that..' my father said looking down at the floor. My mother was wiping her face with her sleeves.

'But both of us are financially struggling, and we.. we didn't want it to come to this..'
I looked at them and my eyes widened. I already knew what he was about to say and my heart already dropped.

'We decided to make a deal, and sell you.' My father ended the sentence.
My mother started crying and my father was trying to comfort her.

My head started pounding and my heart beat was beating faster than ever. I was breathing quickly, gasping for air.

My mind went blank and I started looking around the room unconsciously.
I took a few steps backwards until my back was up against the wall.
'HEE-'

'DON'T COME NEAR ME.' I shouted.
The words just came out of my mouth and I didn't regret them. My father stopped in his steps and tears slowly formed.

I picked up my bag and headed towards the entrance. I walked through the door and down the steps.
Once I got to the bottom and took a few steps down the path, I turned to look at my parents.
'Bye mother, father.' I glared at them hard and then continued to walk down the path.
'Hee-Ra we don't have to end things like this..'
My mother cried.
'And who started this ending? Who?'
I replied back straightforwardly without looking at them.

I walked down the path and towards the car, which was going to supposedly take me to my new life. Jimin looked at me and I glared back. He started making his was to my parents. Probably went to seal the deal and pay them. Ha.

And that's when I started crying. I left so confidently, so easily but in the inside I hesitated.
I felt like running back to them and giving them a hug, to watch a movie with them and have a good time overall.

But I knew what just happened to me. So I brushed the thought away.

I heard Jimin's footsteps as he approached me.
'Get in the car princess.' He said whilst opening the door.

I looked at him and back to the floor.

'It's not that hard, get in.' He sighed.

'Easy for you to say. Did your parents ever just abandon you, only to get a bit of cash in return?'
He was taken back by the comment, his eyebrow twitched and his head tilted.

'Look, I know you're going through a hard time but you need to face the fact they just sold you. Even if you were to go back now, wouldn't the thought of your parents trying to sell you at one point in your life haunt you?'
I furrowed my eyebrows and sighed.

He was right. It would haunt me.

I took my bag off and threw it into the back seats of the car and got in. Just before I could get in, I just about saw a little smile on Jimin's face.

Jimin was still standing outside and I was about to go ask him why he still was but then he shouted,
'Hoseok!!'
I looked out the window to see another man walking towards the car.
I could barely make out what they were saying.

'Everything's done?' Hoseok chuckled.
'Yeah, where the heck have you been?' Jimin replied.
'I got hungry waiting.' Hoseok shrugged.
'Ooohh, why didn't you get me any?' Jimin frowned.
But before Jimin could get a reply, Hoseok was making his way to the driver's seat.
He got in and turned the key.
Then he looked at the rear mirror and I looked at him.

'I'm Jung Hoseok, where are we heading too?' He smiled.