86 | Revenge

The bullet flew right past my body and pushed its way through one of the cars behind me.
I didn't realise that I was holding my breath till until I gasped for air.

I straightened my arms and pointed the muzzle of my gun ahead of me before blindly pulling the trigger a couple of times.

I ran back through the gates and crouched down, all while my heart was shaking furiously against my rib cage. A silencer was attached to the other person's gun so I had no clue when they would fire.

I took out my phone and rung up Namjoon while directing some of our men, who came dashing into the scene after the echoing gunshots, to deal with the assailants.

"Hee-Ra, how are things at Gunsan?" Namjoon's voice broke through the countless thoughts spinning through my mind.

"Namjoon, there's people here... they're after Bangtan.. they tried shooting me." I whispered shakily, looking down at the gun in my hand.

"People? Who?" He questioned and I could make out the sound of his chair sliding back in the background.

"I don't know Namjoon, I couldn't see them." I replied while clenching the gun tightly. "It's definitely another mafia, it has t-."

However, I dropped my phone onto the ground before scrambling to my feet. I raised my gun in front of me while my eyes expanded in shock.

"Hee-Ra? Hee-Ra? Are you there?" Namjoon spoke with panic evident in his voice.

I took a nervous gulp and thoughtlessly stepped back.

That face. A face that I'd never forget. Lee Hyuntaek.

"Lee Hyuntaek?" I muttered, scrunching my nose in disbelief. The man, who threw Jungkook off the ship some time ago and beat me relentlessly, was now standing a few steps ahead of me. One hand holding a gun pointed at me and his other arm missing.

"Look who we have here... the woman who mercilessly killed her own father, Bangtan's Song Hee-Ra." He chuckled while tossing his head back with laughter.

My eyebrow twitched out of instinct. "You should be gone like all of Verge."

Hyuntaek looked up and licked his top teeth. "Dying without getting back at Bangtan for making me lose an arm doesn't sound so fun."

"You only have yourself to blame for that." I scoffed.
Namjoon must've heard the conversation through the phone and knowing him he would definitely be heading to Gunsan right now.

"For that I'm going to ruin your arm." Hyuntaek scowled fiercely before pulling the trigger. I instinctively moved behind a container ship to buy some time till Namjoon arrived.

I peered around the side and saw a disgusting smile spread across Hyuntaek's face.
I cocked my gun and got out of my hiding space and fired a couple of shots, trying my best to aim for a vital organ like the brain or heart.

Suddenly, my feet froze to the ground. I released my grip on my gun and choked on my saliva while tears pricked my eyes. I looked at Hyuntaek as he cackled under his breath before shifting my focus onto my arm.

I began to hyperventilate when I saw the gaping hole in my arm and at that moment pain unraveled itself. I screamed in agony, clutching onto my arm with all my strength. Blood poured out of it endlessly.