81 | Holiday

"Hee-Ra, has there been any updates with the LMF trial?" Namjoon asked me while the main members of Bangtan sat around the meeting table.

"It's working well, Hoseok showed me the security footage from Noir. Those who used it underwent the effects written in the Credente document... happiness, over confidence, nausea and hallucinations." I explained.

Namjoon nodded slowly as he took in the details. He clicked his fingers and pressed them down onto the table. "Good work, and what about the Busanedal couple?"

"Currently they're locked up in a room with a few of our men on standby. They did agree to confide Busanedal's secrets in exchange of Bangtan taking them." Taehyung answered as he slid a voice recording towards Namjoon. The voice recording by the pair consisted exactly of what Taehyung had addressed.

Namjoon then clenched his jaw and thought silently for a moment. Suddenly, a smirk grew across his face. "How does a week away from Seoul sound like?"

The rest of us looked at him with total confusion, eyes wide or brows furrowed.
"What are you talking about?" Jungkook was the first to speak.

"A business trip. We're going to travel to Malta and that's where the LMF contract will be signed. The Italians suggested it'd be safer to do so. Plus with all that's been going down the past few months, the eight of us need a break." Namjoon chuckled which caused the rest of us to erupt into a cheerful mess.

———————————————————————

The flight duration was a long one but sitting in first class made the experience so much better. It was also my first time flying a plane so I felt somewhat worried but Jimin and the others kept reassuring me that it'll be fine and there was nothing to be afraid of.

We checked into the nearest hotel called Hyatt Regency and then decided to catch up on some sleep to recover from jet lag.

"Hee-Ra... Hee-Ra?" Jimin whispered into my ear. I turned around and slightly pushed the duvet cover away so I could see him better. I rubbed my eyes till his face came into vision. He was standing by the bedside, decked out in a tight white button down and checkered slacks.

"Hmm what is it?" I groaned while stretching my limbs.

"Want to take a walk around St Julian's? Yoongi and Hoseok are coming with." He told me as I got out of bed slowly.

"Sure, just give me a moment."

After getting dressed into something more fit for the occasion, Jimin held my hand and led us to the front entrance of the hotel where Yoongi and Hoseok were standing.

"Hey you two." Hoseok grinned, lifting a palm in greeting.

"How do you guys have the fucking energy after such a long flight?" I mumbled before breaking into a yawn.

Yoongi shrugged. "I guess we've become accustomed to it."

The four of us walked around the area until Hoseok suggested we split up since he and Jimin were far more interested in the casinos while Yoongi and I wanted to check out the beach.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Jimin pouted as he patted my head. I nodded back before running to go join Yoongi, who was already making his way to the beach.

Since it was late, there weren't as much people out in the beach and it felt as though we had it to ourselves.
"Don't fall into the water." Yoongi suggested the obvious as we edged closer to the sea.

"I won't—!" I shrieked as a wave caused me to lose my balance and fall into the water.

"Holy fuck I should've recorded that." Yoongi laughed his heart out before pulling me out of the water.

"You're still as annoying as shit." I glared at him in attempt to seem threatening while wringing out some of the water out of my dress.

"Think whatever of me, I literally do not care." Yoongi scoffed. He shrugged with ignorance and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm sure you don't." I rolled my eyes teasingly.

"I don't." He smirked before elbowing me. I tried to stifle a smile but couldn't help myself.
"Want to light some sparklers?" He beamed brightly— which was a rare sight.

We both sat down on the sand and Yoongi lighted two sparklers that he bought off some passerby. We stayed silent for a while allowing the calm atmosphere of the waves and the night fill in the moment.

"It feels good to be here." I muttered as the breeze passed by us.
Yoongi twisted his head round slightly to look at me.
"You know it's crazy to think how far you came in Bangtan."

"Is this Yoongi being emotional?" I laughed, waving the sparkler about.

"Shut up. I was trying to acknowledge how you grew but I guess I won't say shit." He kissed his teeth.

"I'm not surprised." I shrugged before laying down on the sand with my head resting on my cardigan.
"Yoongi, how did you end up joining Bangtan?" I questioned with curiosity. I knew how the others came to be apart of Bangtan but Yoongi on the other hand kept the details reserved.

"Ah so suddenly?" He raised an eyebrow. "Well I was abandoned by my parents since I was born according to the orphanage I was living in."

"Abandoned?"

"Yeah. My mother gave birth to me when she was only 19 and for my parents, I can only guess that they didn't want to take care of a baby so they left me at an orphanage." Yoongi continued as his neck craned up to the sky.

"How long did you stay at the orphanage?"

Yoongi hummed quietly before speaking up. "I left when I was 16 once an elderly couple decided to adopt me. I lived with them for a while until I met Namjoon accidentally at one of the underground boxing games I liked to frequent."

"He must've asked you to join Bangtan then?"

"Right, I told him I'd think about it for a while but once he mentioned how much money I would possible make... I just couldn't turn down the offer." He answered. "My foster parents ended up passing away that month from a contagious illness."

I looked at Yoongi solemnly. He always had a strong front so it was always harder to tell what he was truly feeling. My mouth opened to speak but at that very moment, a notification on my phone went off.

I took it out and saw Namjoon's name. Yoongi peered over my shoulder to see what he sent too.

Namjoon:
Hey we need to meet
up really quickly

Me:
Something up?

Namjoon:
We need to discuss the LMF deal.
Romano changed the date to meet
tomorrow

We'll have to start planning
what to do right now.

Me:
Alright

I'll see you in the
lobby in 10 minutes

"Sorry Yoongi, duty calls." I sighed heavily. Yoongi shook his head vigorously. He stood up and lent me a hand for me to get up.

"We didn't come here to only relax after all." He smiled softly before we both made our ways back to the hotel.