Chapter 3- Invitation

MIRA'S POV:

As I knocked on the door before Mr Harold's office, a calm voice replied, "Come in". Nina followed me.

I peeked through the door to see Mr Harold doing some paperwork at his table. He pulled his head up and instantly smiled, looking at me. "Mira... How have you been? Do I have to call you for work now for you to visit me and Jennifer?"

I took a seat in front of him and kept the folder on the table. The question was obvious. I almost didn't visit them for weeks because of work pressure. "I apologize, Andrew. I will visit you and Jennifer soon." I replied with a smile.

I handed him the folder he asked for and he began to look through the papers. "Well... I see that you've already done your research and work, so I don't have anything to worry about." He smiled and closed the report, keeping it on the table.

It was about the exchange students that are coming to our university. The counselling team have to take PIs with each of the 3 students before they were admitted to NYU. It was our duty to understand what their needs were and what more we could provide. Everything has been done. There have been collecting reports from their previous colleges, and the questions for the interview have also been set.

There were 3 different profiles. 1 will be studying MBA, 1 will be studying BioChem, and 1 will be studying for an MD degree. The profile I liked the most. As I read through his profile, I was amazed to see an outstanding academic record that has rarely been seen in students.

"I like to do my homework Andrew" I replied.

"Well, that is why I have always liked you." He said with a cheeky smile.

I looked at Nina who was standing just beside me and said, "Well, I wanted to ask. I would appreciate some help with this work. As I will be busy looking for other things, I think I need someone who would take the PI and segregate them accordingly" There would be no one better than Nina for this job. Plus, our bond was good. We could coordinate easily, with no problems.

"Yes, that is why I called you here today"

Asking permission from him about Nina wasn't really difficult, I thought. Just as I was about to ask him about Nina, a knock on the door distracted us.

We looked back as Andrew called out, "Come in". I frowned as soon as I saw Kelly walk in with a smirk on her face. She was the last person I wanted to see ruin my morning again. As I looked at Andrew with skepticism, I couldn't understand why she was here at this hour between our conversations.

He looked a bit frustrated and nervous at the same time as he said, "Sit down, Kelly." His eyes moved to me who was still looking at him with confusion. "Well, for this project Kelly will be your helping hand. Make sure you both get along."

Which was impossible. There is no way in hell I am working with that bratty ass. When Kelly was announced as my helping buddy, I was both confused and shocked at the same time. There is no way it could be true. He knew that I didn't like Kelly at all, then how could he?

I can feel the heat in my ears and cheeks from anger and shock. I was trying hard not to burst out like a popping ball at this time. This was too much. I could feel Kelly smirking from my side. The effect of having a rich dad. I hate her even more now. I feel bad for Nina who looked as sad as me. I wanted her to get the recognition she deserves.

I guess Andrew understands how mad I am right now. He said, "Kelly, you can go out now. Mira will guide you further."

I waited till she disappeared from behind the door.

"Why would you do that to me?" I asked. I cannot accept the fact that Andrew would do this with me.

I looked at his face and noticed a hint of guilt. " I am sorry Mira, but the board of directors decided that she needed to be in this project"