Chapter 25- Success Party

MIRA'S POV:

I was standing in the hall wearing an emerald green ball gown dress and a pearl necklace. It was a gift from Andrew today. My hair was kept loose in curls, and I did a little makeup for today. After all, it's our success party. The media is also gonna be there to get a picture of Mr. Han signing the deal with NYU. Though unofficially it is all done, for the record of media, it will be today.

He is the chief guest of our party and most people are coming only to see him. This has to be successful. Nicarno as usual wanted it to be grand for the record of his image. But of course, this will help the recognition of the trust too. So, Andrew didn't say anything.

It was still 10 minutes to 7 in the evening, but Nina and I were already present over here. We have to be a little early to see the arrangements. Nina was wearing a maroon gown, complimenting her red sleek hair that was falling back. She was almost my height, wearing heels. I love how she didn't hide her freckles tonight. It really makes her pretty.

But I could see her frowns and wrinkles all over her head from the past thirty minutes. She really seemed a bit nervous. "Are you nervous?" she asked while chewing her nails in anticipation while keeping her eyes on the door. The guests are about to arrive any minute now.

I smiled looking at her and replied, "Seems like you are."

"I am indeed. How can I not be?" She exclaimed with a loud gasp. "It is the first time I have been asked to host this kind of party. It was always you. And I know how well you are at managing all this. I am just..." She replied in one breath, with a sad pout. "And... I don't want to fail today... Because I know you are working hard for me too. So, I am just trying to do things the way you like."

I sighed as I walked toward her and kept my hand on her shoulder to calm her down as I replied, "Nina, you are gonna be just fine. Okay. Just take a deep breath. Stay calm and focused, okay? Plus, I am here with you. If anything happens, I am here to save your ass." We both smiled at my words. "And a secret," I said while leaning down to her ears, "You are way better than I am."

"Come on, don't tease me." She said grumpily.

"I am not. Now fix your face, before the camera arrives. I don't think you'd like to see your wrinkled face tomorrow at the newspaper."

We both laughed, and I am happy to see her a little loosen up.

I know how nervous this all could be. The pressure of hosting a such big party is a pain in the ass. If anything goes wrong, the board members don't take that lightly. Especially Nicarno. I still remember when I was at her place 4 years ago at my first hosting party. Andrew trusted me with the responsibility, and fortunately, I didn't let him down. Of course, I have to admit he helped a lot.

I did everything to make the party successful, through his guidance and I am also thankful to Jennifer who helped me a lot on those days. I've never thought that they will come forward to help me with all sorts of things. Since then, they became a part of my family, apart from Nina. And I will never be enough grateful for that to them.

"So, how is Mr. Han? You saw him, right? How good-looking is he?" Nina exclaimed all excited.

"Uhm... He is very handsome. And don't over-exaggerate Nina, you saw him too." I said pursing my lips. "Are you having short-term memory loss in nervousness?"

She escapes a low nervous chuckle and I can't help but only smile at her cute nervousness. She reminds me of my past days.

"Don't worry Nina, you will be fine. No matter what, I am here for you okay?"

She nodded in agreement and our focus went back to the party.

Indeed, Mr. Han is very handsome with that chiselled jawline and suit, but recently I couldn't find any man more attractive than Alex. I wonder how will he look in a tux. I bet he would look handsome as well. I wonder if that shirt can hold his muscles beneath them. Although I would be very much glad to see him without clothes....