Chapter 31- The Date - 1

MIRA'S POV:

As the cold chills shot up in my spine I sat there with a blank confused face. What the fuck he just said, right now? I must be dreaming, right?

"You own Colman and Co?" I asked to ensure that I understood correctly. I didn't believe my own hearings or voice. They both could betray me right now.

A few beats pass when I keep staring at him, like someone who just heard that her she got robbed. Well, not technically, but he kinda robbed my sanity. I've never imagined that I am sleeping with someone who owns 'The Colman & Co." It is insane as much as breaking spaghetti before boiling.

Alex had that sneaky smug proud grin on his face. He knew, that I had a mini shock wave regarding his self-introduction. I've seen that smile before. It comes often, when he fucks me so good, that I almost lose my mind between space and matter, forgetting my existence.

This bitch is well aware of his abilities.

The same beautiful waitress came up there, breaking the thin ice between us. I was honestly shocked. I mean I actually deserve to know all this. But then do I? The contract terms clearly state that no personal questions. Maybe I got played in my own game. While I was thinking all the bullshits over my head, Alex's had a calm composure. She leaned a little and greeted us with a smile. " Good evening, Mr. Connors. And Miss, Malhotra. What can I get for you, tonight?"

Alex turned his mused gaze away from me to look at her. "I would like to have a glass of Château Lafite and Bistecca Alla Fiorentina for tonight. What do you want Mira?" he asked casually. His tone holds a grip of little hesitation or nervousness I could say. He knew he has to pay later for doing this to me.

I still didn't recover from the shock from earlier so I found my voice not supporting me as well. But still, she was waiting for my answer. "I think I will have the same," I said swallowing a dry lump in my throat.

She nodded and left, writing down our order. I mean, Colman and Co. have this exclusive line of restaurants only for the exquisite people. I surely wasn't one of them. I mean I was just a counsellor, at NYU. I was getting paid moderately and I had no complaints about that. But this place wasn't for me. This restaurant only takes reservations one week before, and the price is so high, because of the exquisite menus, it isn't affordable for common people. They do have high-end membership that allows their members with a few explicit facilities.

I was thinking what should I say to him now? Technically he is a....

He noticed that I was a little faded when he asked cutting me from those thoughts, "you, okay?"

Do I look like I am okay? I mean should I be okay to know that you are technically you are a multimillionaire or something...?

Is this a joke? This has to be a joke.

Am I on camera?

I looked around to see any hidden cameras around us.

"What's wrong? You don't look like you are okay..." His voice trailed humour and concern at the same time.

"Well, no. I am not. I just found out the guy I am... dating or whatever you call this... who I thought... was a mere college student, turned out... to be the owner of the biggest multinational company." I gulped water to calm some of my nerves.

What the fuck!

He chuckled looking at my probably pale face, before he said in a lazy tone, "well, I am not the exact owner. My grandpa is. I mean on paper it's mine, but he runs the company."