Chapter 36- "Reckless Affair"

Hello, lovelies...

So a new teaser is out now!

If you haven't checked it yet. Go to my Youtube channel @Only_Rusert  or you can check out my Instagram profile with the same name.

Okay, enjoy now.....

***********************************************************************************************

MIRA'S POV:

Whatever I was afraid of all these months, being with him, has already begun to happen... This is why I never liked attaching myself to someone. It has always turned out wrong. Something out of my control. I have warned him, this could lead us to something dangerous. Either I or he will get caught up in a muddle that we can't come out of quick enough or it will ruin us. But he chose to stay. And see what happened!

The car ride was awkwardly silent. Tom tried to stay as much as he could be, in his professionalism. But I couldn't forget what happened. Nina was angry, and Mike and Alex had a fight, that brought out Valeria into the light. Nicarno and Kelly are just a few steps away from pulling me down from all the way I've made through these years.

I have thought to myself many times that we need to stop at some point in time. Despite our best efforts, we were both unable to stop it. We were too clouded by the mist of lust that took us over. Something so strong, that it might fail the magnetic pull. And just like that, I couldn't resist his sweet temptations.

I thought I could control it just as I did with others... But I couldn't. Unexpectedly, everything started happening outside of my control. And now, here I stand with the fears that could end the life, I've built so far.

What have I done?

It was not far from where I had a very good chance of being nominated for the new vice president. I mean it is a dream come true. If I win, I'd be the youngest president across the globe. It would be an achievement. All my hard work for all these years, trying to give a life to myself that I deserve was just standing outside the door. Everything was in the perfect place. Everything was under my control. Everything I had worked for was finally going to pay off. Until... Alex happened to me.

But right now, I can see it falling. The life I have dreamed so hard is crumbling under the pressure of the shadow of my past. Honestly, I am scared. Scared of the possible things that it could do to Alex and me if the news of our dating got out there. If Valeria gets out in public.

It was a part of me, that needs to stay in the dark shadows. Something only related to the thirst of my lust and temptations. That is a part I wanted to keep absolutely separated. While in the light of the sun, I was this control freak, workaholic monster counsellor of NYU, Valeria was the hunter of the night sky. She was the power. She was the control. She reminds me of what had happened to me in the past, and how can I only keep control in my hands with her help.

Maybe my morals are grey, maybe my soul is twisted and dark. But that is who I am now. I had to be. I can't forget my past. That made me who I am today. Strong, independent and in control.

But with him, in these months, I've tossed everything away. How can he put on such a stupid show? How can I forget to take control?

More than being worried about him right now, I am angry with him. It was his fault from the beginning. He keeps pushing me beyond my limits. I wanted to run. But it was him who always chase me to the very end.