Chapter 18- Breaking A Rule

MIRA'S POV:

Finally, we settled down after Kelly left from there with her embarrassed face. Nina sat in the opposite chair facing me.

"So, who is he?" She asked all excited.

"Who's who?"

"Come on don't try to fool me, I am not Kelly. Who's the guy that you are seeing that sent you these beautiful flowers? I bet he is romantic AF. Is that why you are blushing these days?" She kept throwing questions towards me while I sat there with a confused face. I don't know when did she notice that I was blushing these days? Jeez, that is embarrassing. I hope no one else had noticed that.

I don't know how to answer her. I have never lied to her before. She's the only one who knows everything about me. She's the only family I have here. Despite my dark past, she accepted me as her sister and family. But at the same time, I cannot tell her the truth. It would be too much right now.

I was walking down the path of sin, and I couldn't ask Nina to come with me. This could be too risky. I know she will never turn against me, but I don't want to take any risk on Alex's future as well. Even though she and I do almost everything together, still this is something I want to keep to myself. I was not sure what to even call this, that I was having with Alex. So, I need time for myself until I am ready to tell her everything.

"Uhm... They are from someone I know," I tried dodging her skeptical eye.

"Yeah... That I know... but who?"

"What?"

"Who? What's this mystery guy's name that has been keeping you busy and finally found to bend the titanium?"

"What do you mean Nina?" I asked glaring at the choice of words that she used on me.

"You know exactly what I mean, Mira. You have been potentially keeping all your rules like a straight scale for everyone, and suddenly someone walks in and bend all of your straight rules. I really want to know this guy... I am excited to know... Come on, being your only best friend, I have this right, right?" She asked in a demanding tone that made me nervous at one point.

I don't know for how long I can keep dodging her stares. It makes me nervous at some point.

"Um... Okay... so first of all, I just want to say that take this out of your mind, that he's someone special who broke the rules, it's nothing like that. I am just experimenting and plus, I will ask him, if he wants to reveal himself right away or not. I hope you understand that what I do is twisted. It's not normal like everyone else. I don't do those sweet boyfriend and girlfriend things. What I do, is a temporary thing and the rules, you know, I do have to get his permission too, in this."

Right now, this was the only way to stop her from taking Alex's name from my mouth. Well, this mouth has certainly taken out a lot from Alex and I am sure that me screaming his name is the most exciting thing he ever has heard, but nonetheless, I cannot take his name right now. So, I have to lie.

"Uhm... okay, I guess. Wow, you got someone from the club?" She frowned a little. But the next second her face lit up, asking "But tell me more about him. Like what is he like and what not? I would like to hear the spiced-up things." She giggled with her beautiful smile and for a minute I regret lying to her. I mean she is my best friend. She deserves to know.

But at the same time, I can't risk Alex's career. I know she won't tell a word, but better be safe than be sorry. I know how hyper she is with everything. One wrong move can bring down both of us.

"Oh, and tell me one thing, does he like to share or all protective?"

What the hell? I know for sure; Alex doesn't like sharing. He is the protective guy, whereas I have shared before. I don't mind until I am getting pleasure out of it. That reminds me, I haven't told Alex everything yet about me. I guess I am not planning to, but still for the first time, somehow, I feel bad about it.