Chapter 29- Kryptonite

MIRA'S POV:

"You're late..." Alex complained as soon as I stepped into his 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350R car. The silver coating and the Hawk initials look gorgeous on this baby. By now I got to know his love for his cars is undeniable. I guess he wanted to be a racer when he was young... I know because he also....

Stop, what are you thinking? Stop thinking about him. He is not here. Alex is. So, focus on him now, okay?

"How do you have this again?"

"I have my ways." He shrugs. His deep voice brought me back from my dark thoughts and he leans for a sweet kiss, that almost got me by surprise. God, this guy never fails to make me blush.

The moment his lips touched mine, all the tense muscles in my body relaxed magically. Indeed, these two weeks are rough, for both of us. However, I was happy to see his progress in his studies, whereas I was still thinking about the offer that Andrew, gave me today. But with him, everything falls into place magically. Once again, I gave in to the kiss and melt into his arms. Every nerve in my core pulses a wave of comfort from the touch of his lips.

As I pulled off from the kiss, I looked around for a bit before asking, "Don't you think this could be a bit risky for us? We are still on campus!"

He pulled a lazy smirk before he says, "Don't worry, this parking lot stays empty. Besides, this is a bypass to my apartment. I can't wait to take you home." He ignited his car's engine and drove us out of the lobby. I smiled at his eagerness. It was hot. As he drove us, I noticed his magnificent figure, which reminded me of a Greek god right now. His razor-sharp jaw, his flexed muscles... his messy hair are calling me on all of my shit.

Cold wind smoothly past touched my face, as the car run from the street. I was still occupied with the thoughts of my earlier discussion with Andrew. This was a great opportunity, but I know it is not going to be easy with Nicarno and Kelly as my opponent.

But if he leaves, I will be alone. And when Nicarno would be president, I know he would only do, what is best for him and his daughter. Nina and I would end up being a puppet of his hand.

How am I supposed to get through this crisis? Should I talk with Nina about this? I don't know, maybe she could give me some suggestions.

"So... you breached the contract huh?" Alex's smooth voice, once again, breaks through my thoughts and I look back at him in surprise. There was his famous signature smirk on his face. I know he is going to tease me with this for a long time now.

I rolled my eyes at him as I understood what he was talking about. He kept teasing me about how uncontrollably I missed him those days and called him over. And sometimes I hate how my heart does this small flip whenever he looks at me with those beautiful eyes.

Shit, I should've known he was trouble. But I guess I got the habit to play with the fire. And he was fine.

But I was not going to get played like that. I am a responsible woman, and I should take responsibility for my action too. "I did. And I am not ashamed of that either." I replied with a genuine smile. I really wasn't ashamed of that. Instead, I was happy I could voice out my inner voice to him. And that did wonders for me. Well, he wasn't wrong. I did miss him, and I do not regret calling him either.

He looked at me with a smile as he kept one hand on my thigh, stroking it while keeping the other on the wheels. I swear I was feeling butterflies by now. That's sexy. His hand was on my skin. It soothed me. His small tattoo was on display again and I swear that looked way too sexy on him. And his hands would look way too sexy on my neck.

We kept on a small staring contest for a while. "So how was the... umm party?" he asked hesitantly, breaking the ice. I knew he wanted to ask that for a long time now, but due to some circumstances, he couldn't. Now that he did, I don't know how to answer.