Chapter 37- Insecurities

ALEX'S POV:

As soon as she left, I screamed out of anger. There is no way I said she was a slut. I never intended to. I never meant. It was just a slip of the tongue. She was someone, who occupied the whole of my heart. Every corner of it.

How can I just hurt her like that? I have promised her that no matter what I will never be the reason for her tears. That I will keep her safe and happy. Then how can I just do that?

I banged my fist on the table. Liquid pooled from my hand when it was forced to the corner of the table, but I don't care right now. I was going through over pool of emotions right now.

But how can she say we are just some reckless affairs?

I know, she knows that we are not. We are more than that. We always have. She wanted to be exclusive in my life, and she always has been. There will be no one like her, to take her place in my heart.

I closed my eyes in frustration and a few flashbacks flashed in my mind to what happened today in the school.

FLASHBACK TO A FEW HOURS BACK

I walked into campus feeling happy and cheerful. She was the reason for it. Yesterday was awesome. I finally told her about my feelings. And my mind flashed back to her beautiful face. Her beautiful figure was just beside me. Her laughs were only for me and her eyes were only looking at mine. Nothing could make me happy as much as she makes me.

As I walked towards the lobby, I spotted Mike, Shawn & Bellamy outside the class, gossiping about something. But they aren't looking the same. I guess they are discussing something serious.

Mike and Bell were younger than me in age, but we always get along together well. Shawn and I shared the same class while Bellamy and Mike shared only the paediatrics class. However, looking at her reminds me of yesterday's incident. Bell's confession. And Mira's jealous face.

No matter how much she denies it, I know she loves me. I just wanted to hear from her. She had this typical lifestyle she says, but deep down I understand she was just a bird, caged by some dark past. I wanted her to take as much time as she needed. And when she finally will feel comfortable, to tell me what bothers her too much, she'd get me by her side.

However, I don't know if I could keep my calm when I will know the person who has dared to hurt her is still breathing. I would use my scalpel in a manner, that is the opposite of saving lives.

I would unalive any person, that has or would dare to hurt her.

Maybe I have gone mad or something. But if so, she is the reason. She wanted to make me do things, that I'd never thought of. There is this strange urge of protection towards her. That almost makes everything looks black and white, to her.

I have promised that I'd take care of her, protect her and love her. So what will I do?

As soon as their eyes met mine, I let out an awkward laugh. Especially I wanted to talk with Bell. We need to talk and clear something out. I knew she had always liked me from the very first day but I have never provoked her in any manner. I see her as my friend or rather a sister. I always make her feel so. But I wasn't sure, so I couldn't tell her directly.

As I remember the last incident in our lobby, I tried not to be too harsh on her. I haven't seen her since then. It was after weeks after her parents got divorced. Mike was always there for her. Mike and Bellamy seemed a little uncomfortable seeing me. Maybe they both misunderstand me.