Chapter 16- 101 Roses

ALEX'S POV:

I woke up happy this morning. I cannot believe that she's all mine now. It's the second week of February now and the cold mornings seem pleasurable while cuddling with her.

I couldn't hold back my smile.

I have never been so excited for anyone in my life. She was different. Everything about her just makes me lose my mind. It's in the way she talks, the way she smiles, the way she cannot eat spicy food, the way she sleeps with a cute pout, and the way she finally turns into the devil when the light turns dark. My little devil.

I smirked as I drove past the traffic in my Porsche 911. Another weekend was spent as magnificent with her. Her pretty eyes have made me fall for her even more. She's like that beautiful dark cloud that can calm you on a nice evening, but with a twist of thunder in between, making your nerves wreck with a pang of the flashlight.

Looking at my past relationships, I can see why they hadn't worked out before. It was her. It was always meant to be her. That we would meet one day and everything else would fall into place after that. And I am not one per cent in doubt that she's the one. And now that I know, it's her, I'd do anything to make her mine.

BUZZ BUZZ...

I looked at my phone and it was my mom. I received the call through Bluetooth as I was still driving and was late at the same time.

"Hey, beautiful woman... to what do I owe this call, this morning?"

"You can't cheer me up with those cheesy words of yours today. You forgot to send the roses, I guess I am no longer your first love," she said. That is how she is. My sweet mother, was also a little emotional queen. I guess all Indians have that.

As I grew older, I watched her depend on me. After my father left, all she had was me and Grandpa. I feel empathy for her situation sometimes. How she sacrificed everything for our family. Still, she stood strong for me, grandpa, "us".

"Roses?" I asked, completely confused.

"Did you forget that today is Valentine's Day?" she gasped dramatically.

Shit.

"Uhh... I am so sorry... I apologize my lady, but I promise that I will bring you something more than that soon."

"Are you coming home?" she asked all excited.

"Soon, mom," I said, keeping my eyes on the road. "Say hi to Grandpa."

"I will." She replied with a soft smile as always. "And..."

"Is there anything you wanna tell me, mom?" I asked as I felt she was having a hard time telling me something. This is something she does only when she has a problem with business or...

"Your dad called..."

I was right.

"What does he want now? Why does he keep calling despite us telling him that we don't want him in our lives? Can't he stop interfering?" I was so upset this time. "He was not there when we needed him, so what's the point of coming back now? Huh?"

"Alex... " She tried to calm me down. "Calm down, all I am asking is..."

"If you are asking me to pretend that I am as happy as you, then I am sorry to tell you, I am not going to talk to him, mom. Just don't ask me to do something that I don't want to."

"Alex..."

I disconnected the call as I couldn't take it anymore. It was a pain that I would never want to forget. The memory I don't want to remember.