Chapter 32 - The Date - 2

MIRA'S POV:

"The food was really delicious, I must say" I complimented as I watched the stars.

After dinner, we headed to the rooftop area. The dinner was lavish and relish at the same time. I always wanted to have a seat at this restaurant during my stay in New York, but that didn't happen due to the always overbooked schedule and my lack of owning a membership card. It wasn't always possible for us to find a peaceful place to just gaze at the stars in New York's busy sky.

I feel so calm right now.

The waiters and waitresses were friendly in this place. They served us well. And not to mention how they looked at us in awe while thinking of us as those cute couples.

"What about you?" he asked, taking my attention away from the stars.

"Hmm?"

"Tell me about you, Mira. I want to know about you." He asked with his most genuine voice. This was the first time any man was interested in my personal life other than my sex life. However, this was one of the reasons why I used to leave before they awoke.

To avoid the question about me.

I do not want to travel to my darkest past and experience the horrifying life I have led, once again, or even think about it. That chapter of my life is closed and I wish to keep it that way.

He looked at me with a frown when she found me a little uncomfortable. "It's okay you don't have to say it if you don't want to." I gulped.

Relief rushed through my veins as the adrenaline rush calmed down a bit. Even though he tried to sound as normal as possible, I could hear the disappointment in his voice. And I didn't like seeing him turn back with a hurt face.

Maybe I could open up a bit to him?

No matter what I know, he won't ever laugh at my pathetic life though. But still, it was huge...

TRING TRING

His phone buzzed as our attention was drawn to that. Bellamy. I clenched my jaw as soon as her name flashed on the screen on our date night. I know I might be acting like a kid right now, but I have never liked her calling Alex again and again. I have a strong feeling that she liked him, and that too a way bit more than a usual crush. And every part of me hates that.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm probably feeling this jealousy in the first place. For someone I have just known for a few months, isn't jealousy a bit too much to feel? Moreover, we just agree to give this thing a chance, so I can discover the right name for us. Jealousy would lead this to a whole new place.

Alex received the call and accidentally put on the speaker.

Her drunken voice ripped from the other side, "hello, Alex?" I could see Alex gulp in fear when he saw how mad I am looking right now.

I mean no offence; it is our date- that he says... and I wish it to be disturbance free. Especially from her.

She giggled when Alex hummed in reply. We both looked at each other concerned about Bellamy this time. I remembered how the crime rate just happened to grow in these few months. So, no matter how irritated I was at this point in time. I stayed calm.

But it didn't take too long to lose my calm, as she said "Do you know that I like you?"

Her voice, sound like a screech to my ears and I want to rip her tongue out for even saying that. I clenched my jaw as I heard her confession to Alex. Alex gulped looking at my expression when he tried to change the topic.