𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

Chapter 3:
Night out
by Dirteaz

Onika Maraj

Knowles Holding

Knowles Holding

„Onika did you give the sketches to Ms. Knowles already?" Jennifer asked me as she walked into my office.

„She handed it in yesterday but she told me to do some more since the roof of the house wasn't perfect,  don't worry about that I'll give it to her when I finish." I answered her and she smiled thanking me before leaving my office.

For now I've been working here for almost four weeks. I'm not gonna lie and say that it's not stressful sometimes but I can totally keep up with that. I had great colleagues and my boss, known as Ms. Beyoncé Knowles, was also very comprehensible. I feel like she really appreciated my work and that's what is important to me.

To be honest, I was so glad when I found out that I was going to be transferred to Knowles Holding. Mr. and Ms. Daniells were so rude and I was just unable to work with them. The working atmosphere was a catastrophe.

I was just finishing the roof of a drawing which I have to give Ms. Knowles when my phone suddenly rang.

„Hello bitch" my best friend's voice appeared on the other line as I took off.
„Robyn, I'm at work what is it?" I asked her leaning back on my chair.

„Wow...I won't get a „I missed you too" or „I'm a bitch for not calling you, sorry"?" she mocked at me as I let out a laugh.
„I'm sorry but I was really, really busy the past week. I'm really into work right now."

„I know bebé, can we meet up today? It's Friday and it's weekend."
„You know I don't feel like going out today...I'ma get home so tired and I really just wanna-"

„-If you say no you will never hear from me again" she cut me off and I sighed.
„Alright. Text me the details. I gotta work now, bye."
„Bye bebé"

I hung up and placed my phone on the side of the table again, continuing to draw some lines before I finished my sketch.

Looks good to me but the important thing is how it looks like to Ms. Knowles.

I stood up and went over to her office room knocking a few times on her door. When I heard a „come in", I entered the room holding the sketch tight to me.

„Ms. Knowles, I finished a new design for the roof of the house" I uttered as I faced her.

Not gonna lie, she was really beautiful. Her hair was voluminous and it looked like pure gold. Her eyes were dark and sparkly sometimes they seemed so mysterious. Her clothes were always on point, it was either a black blazer or a light blue one with matching Louboutins. Her make-up was never too strong but not too light.

„Take a seat Onika, we'll have a look at it together, just let me take this call real quick, you can stay here." she uttered and I did as she said.

„Knowles International, Beyoncé Knowles speaking how can I help?" she said into her phone as she stood up looking trough the window.

„Mhm, Mhm, yeah I know we're almost finished with all the sketches...I know...Okay thank you. It will be send to you as soon as it's completely perfect and ready...alright, have a nice day." she hung up and placed her phone on the table sitting down on her chair.

She put her elbows on the desk and her pointer fingers on her temples rubbing them lightly as she let out a sigh.

„Is everything okay Ms. Knowles?" I questioned politely and she smiled.
„It's none of your business Ms. Maraj, let's look at those sketches now." she uttered out and I nodded.

Although she rejected my question, it still didn't came out rude. I mean, she was right. It was none of my business and I know she knows how to deal with it.

„Okay, let's see...so you replaced this roof with a flat one...it came out great actually. The windows are perfect, they have the perfect shape and the perfect form...I don't like the door but that's not our problem because Mr. Rashford wanted it just that way...man without taste." I chuckled at the last part facing her.

„It's great Ms. Maraj. A masterpiece. Thanks for your  effort. You're allowed to leave, have a nice weekend."

„But I still have three more hours-"
„You can leave earlier today, it was a great week, you finished three houses, that was a lot of stress so please go wherever you want and enjoy the weekend. On Monday it will continue, we need 5 sketches for the next buildings. Have a nice day, Onika."

„Thank you Ms. Knowles, you too" I said and left her office.

I walked back to mine, took my jacket and my bag and left the building to my white Mercedes Maybach.

| | |

Maraj Residence
Los Angeles, California

When I arrived my house, I immediately got upstairs and took a hot-two hour shower with some music. I felt relieved after showering so long and it's just a good feeling after such a long week.

When I finished, I brushed my hair as well as blow-dried them.

„Hey bebé, are you making yourself ready?" Robyn asked trough my phone while I did my make-up.
„Of course, or I'll never hear from you again." I mocked the last part at her.

„Good girl" she squealed happily.
„What did I say about talking to me like a dog?"

„Right, I'm sorry. I'll come and pick you up by nine."
„Alright Rih"

| | |

„I told you it is going to be lit" Robyn yelled into my ear as we entered the club.

It was Robyn, Tyesha, Thembi and I. We knew each other for a long time. To be exactly since college.

„We missed you so much Nic" Thembi told me as she pulled me in for a hug.
„I missed your guys too, so let's get drunk ladies" I yelled my accent coming out stronger than before.

We walked over to the bar and ordered some tequila shots. There was nothing I hated more in the world but drinking. It reminds me of my Highschool time. Nas-ty! But here I was getting drunk with my 27 years. It's just because of my friends and I deserved it to party after this week.

When we already had a few more drinks, some of my friends were already at the dancefloor shaking their asses while Robyn and Tyesha flirted with some random boys.

A typical night. I would've loved to enjoy my time but I was really so tired that I couldn't even stand or dance.

That's exactly how my weekend went.

...

Hey guys, I hope you guys are good and liked my chapter. It wasn't anything special but it's just the beginning so stay tuned for the next few chapters. I'd be glad if you leave a vote.