𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓

Do you want to be my girlfriend?
by Dirteaz

Beyoncé Knowles

Onika and I were on our way to San Diego

Onika and I were on our way to San Diego. She got so many things with her even though we're staying over a night or two. She brought a big suitcase and some little bags. I mean I don't care, my G wagon got the space so I didn't care about that.

We were talking the whole time, there wasn't a pause and even if we didn't talk a few seconds, it didn't feel awkward at all. She shared kisses, sang some nice songs and vibed with each other. I wasn't that happy since a long time. I'm not comparing anyone to my past relationship, but what Onika and I had, was really something I've never experienced. We took our time, talked, tried to understand each other and day by day I was more sure about her to become my girlfriend. Honestly, I was very very nervous to ask her. Me and Nervous? That's something very weird because usually I'm confident in person. I guess I was just too afraid of loosing her and getting a rejection.

However, I tried to just to let the flow come and not overthink anything. I also bought her something cute. It was a necklace from the Cartier store. And I also have to give her the Chanel bag she liked that much, when we got a new suit for me. She didn't even know I was buying it but I did. I like spending my money. I rarely do on myself so why not. It wasn't like it was affecting my bank account. But I thought it would make her happy and I hope it will.

„We're still on the way and I still don't know where you're taking me" she told me as she played with the rings on my fingers.

„The sign came up at least two hundred times and you still don't know?"

Her head turned at me and she was scrunching her eyebrows.

„I'm having something better to admire than some dumb ass signs so either you tell me or I really gotta look out." I chuckled a bit and kissed her hand.

„You'll see, you'll probably like it and there's really good food."

„I like the food part, tell me more about it" she grinned.

„Well there's a lot of seafood which I know you love, but there's also meat, sushi  and vegan stuff, there's just everything, the chefs are very very good and oh, the wine, we're going to heaven."

„I'm looking forward to it" she responded and sighed.

It became silent. The music was playing just in the right volume. When I looked at her, she was just starring out the window still holding my hand.

„Is everything okay babe?" her lips curled up a little bit when she heard the nickname.

„Just-dumb overthinking that's it. I'm always a bad bitch but sometimes I'm really...deep into something."