𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Chapter 4:
Brunch
by Dirteaz

Onika Maraj

Los Angeles, CaliforniaKnowles International

Knowles International

Today was Monday. It doesn't matter how much I tried to like like this day, I couldn't. It was just giving me headache from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed and fall asleep again.

When I arrived Knowles international, I immediately made my way into my office avoiding any contact or conversations with people.

This week, I had to finish 5 sketches for the building in Brooklyn. I could already cry by now.

Suddenly a knock was heard and my attention immediately focused on the door.

„Ms. Maraj, Ms. Knowles wants you to come to her office. It's important." Jennifer said and I gulped.

Did I do something wrong?

„A-Alright"

I got up, took a quick look in the mirror and left to Ms. Knowles office.

„Come inside Onika, take a seat" she commanded and I did as she said.

„How do you feel today? She questioned.
„I'm fine, how are you?"
„Good, thanks for asking" she responded taking some papers out.

„So the reason I called you is...Mr. Rashford wants to meet you. He called us for brunch and it'll start in an hour. Please take your sketches and we'll leave."

Did something got stuck in my throat?

„L-Like, today?"
„Indeed" she replied and I sighed.

„I'm not even dressed for this Ms Knowles-"
-Oh you are Ms. Maraj. I'll get changed now and we're meeting in front of the building."

I stood up and made my way to my office.

This was—surprisingly. Why did he want to meet up? Doesn't he like my sketches or drawings or-

Also I'm not dressed for going out for brunch. I'm wearing a light baby pink blazer with a white top underneath. I'm just hoping it does look elegant enough.

After I packed my things, I left my office and took my way out.

10:30 am.

In the exactly same second, Ms. Knowles got out the building.

Did she copy me? She wore a light baby blue blazer with a black top, some high heels and sun glasses. She definitely looked better in it than I. She was beautiful anyways.