𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

Chapter 11
Underworking myself
by Dirteaz

Beyoncé Knowles

I was still looking at her never breaking the intense eye contact we had

Right before she wanted to let our her words, my phone rang. That's exactly why I hate them sometimes.

„Knowles" I took off facing the beach.
„Ms. Knowles should I send the sketches to Mr. Rashford now?" James questioned.

„Yeah, straight to him. As quickly as possible. Thanks for remembering that."
„Always Ms. Knowles, have a nice day, bye."
„Bye James" I hung up putting my phone on do not disturb.

I let out a deep breath standing up enjoying the view a little bit more.

„Let's get back" I told her and she nodded quietly following me right behind.

I packed all of the stuff into the picnic box and put it inside the trunk as well as the blanket.

„Do you wanna go somewhere el-" I got cut off by her phone ringing.

Okay now I hate phones.

„I-I gotta get this real quick" I nodded and she got a bit further away.

Not with me. My ears are very very good.

„I'm coming home now" was the only thing I heard since she decided to whisper.

„Everything okay?" I asked making sure.
„Hm? Oh yes, my sister just-needs help with her schoolwork. The same shit as always." she stuttered and I laughed.

„Your sister is at home?" I questioned and she nodded gulping. I let out another chuckle making her giving me confuse look.

„What's so funny?"

„Is your sister sick?"
„No" she replied.

„So let's make things clear, it's Thursday, your sister calls you at 8 am and asks you to come over to help her? Shouldn't she be at school if she's not sick?" I asked coming closer to Onika.

I saw how she got nervous so I tried to hold myself back. It was just, why did she lie? I wanted to help her. I swear if somethings happening to her, I'll get crazy. No one touches my friends, workers or in general any woman on this earth.

„Onika...let's be real with each other...please" I made clear and faced her.

„What's wrong? Why are you so withdrawn? I know we don't know each other that long, but I just know something's not right." she didn't even dare to face me. Not even a bit.

„Look at me" I commanded a bit harsher and she jumped a bit. I immediately felt bad.

„I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you...but please look at me. Don't look down." I begged her placing my finger under her chin to lift it up.