𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Chapter 6:
Bad day
by Dirteaz

Beyoncé Knowles

One and a half month passed

One and a half month passed. The company grew bigger and the demand rose. I was so proud and full of happiness. What we achieved in the past couple weeks, was a big step for Knowles Holding.

Onika was a part of it. She was an enrichment for all of us, especially me. Often, we just went to lunch together to discuss a few things about the company since I was really interested in what she had to say. Or we just relaxed a bit, eating some nice food.

We had a good bond to be exactly. I liked to be on good terms with my workers. It was important that the working atmosphere was on point.

Right now I was standing in front of my workers holding a meeting. I discussed how we will go on, which projects needed to be done and some general things.

Onika was always listening close to my meetings, writing everything down, trying to implement all of my points. But today she was quiet. She didn't look up once nor did she ask something or told me her ideas.

True, we didn't know each other for a long time but our bond was good and I could say that we're actually good „friends" at some point. I needed my workers to be here. They had to give their best. Of course I understood if something went the wrong way and they feel depressed. But Onika? She was strong and she was always working with hundred percent effort.

„That was it for today, thanks for listening and I wish you all a good time at work" I thanked them with a smile.

As everyone started to leave the room, my eyes fell on Onika, again.

„Onika, can you come to my office when you finish please?" she looked up at me for the first time of the day. With a silent nod, she left the meeting room.

I sighed, taking all of my things with me and sat down in my office.

After some hours, I heard a lightly knock on the door.

„Come in" I commanded and there she was. Still looking gorgeous but something went on. I knew it.

„Take a seat Onika, make yourself comfortable" she sat across me and crossed her legs.

She looked tired, almost like she was sick.

„I noticed you were very quiet at the today's meeting. Is everything alright? Do you have any problems? Do you need some help with something?" I questioned playing with my fingers.

She looked up to me. Couldn't she say anything or didn't she want to tell me? Of course, I'm not her sister or best friend or something, but I was her boss and I really needed her working with hundred percent effort in this company.

 Couldn't she say anything or didn't she want to tell me? Of course, I'm not her sister or best friend or something, but I was her boss and I really needed her working with hundred percent effort in this company

„I'm fine. Just having a bad day." she replied avoiding eye contact.
„I understand. Look Onika, you know you're my best worker and I'm really glad you're here. I want you to give your best. I understand you have bad days. That's okay."

„I'm sorry...I know this is so unprofessional..."
„It's not about professional or not right now, I know you can have bad days, I'm having them often but you have to make the best out of it. You'll see it'll help." I gave her a small smile at which she responded back.

„You already finished the last sketch?"
„Yeah, I gave it to James, he'll arrange it to the rest" I nodded.

„Before I let you go, I've a question. My investigators and I will have dinner tomorrow. I want you to come with me if you're willing to." She looked up again with a bright smile.

„For real?" she questioned and I nodded.
„The dinner is tomorrow at seven. It's gonna be a few hours away from Los Angeles so I'll pick you up at 4, alright?"

„I'd love to come with you Ms. Knowles" she told me and I chuckled.

„You should probably put on a dress, my investigator is very...crazy when it comes to clothes. If you can't find something, I'll send over James to take your measurements and he'll pick out a dress. Something elegant and classy."

„I think I've something in mind"
„Perfect Onika, then I'll see you tomorrow at four, you can leave."

| | |

„Yeah I can't believe it either, I always used to take James with me but I think it's good thing taking someone other." I told my best friend Kelly while we sat on the couch.

„She a cutie not gon' lie" Kelly uttered making me laugh.
„She was so upset today...I called her into my office to talk to her but I think she didn't wanna tell me. I mean alright I can understand I'm not someone in her life. I'm her boss that's it. But she had the baddest excuse in her life. She was like „yeah I'm having a bad day" and I was like okay." Kelly chuckled at me and I sighed.

„Why you so up to her? Most of the time you give a fuck about your employees feelings, if they're not on point you're yelling."

„Kelly! First of all that's not true and it just happened once when Katie broke up with her boyfriend for the hundredth time. Of course I'll be mad. Leave this motherfucker, like he was cheating on her and she still crawled back to him like a puppy."

„True bitch you're right" she smacked her lips as I chuckled.

„How's your mom and Solo?"
„They're good. My mom is helping Solo to study for her tests and all. I hope she'll graduate soon so she can help me." I replied.

Kelly and I continued to talk a bit before she made her way home and I started to prepare everything for tomorrow.

...

Hello guys, I hope you liked this chapter. I really hate my writing right now and I really hope I'll get back the motivation I had the past few days. Anyways, this was a quick and short chapter and kind of a filler chapter.

I'm just starting with the book...it'll get better soon.