𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Chapter 10
Cabrillo Beach
by Dirteaz

Beyoncé Knowles

Knowles Holding

Knowles Holding

Today I was staying a bit longer in the Holding since I had to finish some things. I enjoyed working. It somehow made me feel complete. Ambitious people have the urge to achieve new things in life. That's how it goes.

I was preparing all sketches to be send to Mr. Rashford so he could start to build up the buildings and penthouses in Brooklyn.

Although everything was going good, one thing didn't left my mind since I got into my office in the morning.

I wasn't dumb I hope everyone already knows that. It was about Onika. Did she really think, Someone but especially me would believe her that she fell down the stairs? If I fall down these stairs, the biggest thing I could get are some purple bruises that's it. Not a whole black eye.

Onika and I were friends. Maybe not the closest friends but we were hanging around sometimes and I totally get it that she didn't want to tell me some things which is totally tolerable. It's just, I do care about it. I hate crime more than anything on this world.

I was thinking and trying to find a solution the whole day. I can't just walk to her and ask her „what happened, tell me truth". Because I know how stubborn she was. You didn't need to know her long to notice that.

She's a very confident, very independent woman which I adore. But I knew that something's not in the right place right now.

However, some time after my phone rang and I saw Kelly's ID.

„Hello Giselle" she greeted me and I smiled.
„Hello Kelendria, what a pleasure ta' hear your voice" I said letting out accent.

„The pleasure is mine. How are you?"
„I'm fine, you?"

„Same for me, just got home right now. You still working huh?" She questioned and I hummed.

„Workalcoholic" she commented and I chuckled a bit.

„You wanna come over? I could use some company to be honest."
„Gotcha, I'll be there in 20." she said and hung up.

Spontaneous bitches, are the bitches.

| | |

Kelly and I were sitting in my office on my grey couch drinking some coffee.

„How was your date with Onika?" she questioned me and I sighed.
„I already told y'all that it wasn't a date!" I cleared and Kelly hummed and nodded.

„I'm sorry, my bad. But how was it?"
„Pretty good, are, watched a movie, talked, fell asleep. That's it."

„Uhhhh Bey falling asleep with someone, new to me." she played and I rolled my eyes.