𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

Chapter 5
Helping out
by Dirteaz

Beyoncé Knowles

Today was my final day off

Today was my final day off. I took one day in a week off to see my family.

It was a Wednesday and I was already at my mom's house helping her to cook. We were only waiting for Solange to come home since she had lessons till now.

„How's the company going honey?" my mom asked me and I smiled.
„Pretty good. Onika is so talented. It was worth it to ship her to us."

„I'm so glad to hear that. Did Mr. Daniells called you or something or did you already gave them the money?"

„I paid them the same day I agreed to ship Onika over." I answered knowing my moms doubts about the Daniells.

„Anyways, Mr. Rashford wanted to meet her yesterday and Onika and I had brunch afterwards. She's really kind...not gonna lie she's one of the best workers in the company."

My mom smiled but had a worried look on her face. Ever since I told her Onika will be shipped to our company, she'd ask me weirdly questions about what she's doing all the day, if she works hard, if she's alone sometimes till night in the company, about her life and some more things.

„What's wrong ma'?" I questioned tilting my head to her.

She let out a deep sigh and by her eyes I could just see how worried she was.

My mom, my sister and I had a really strong bond since my dad died. We immediately knew if something's wrong with each other.

„Nothing honey" she replied and continued to stir the past sauce.

I just decided to drop it, she'll tell me eventually and I don't wanna pressure her.

After thirty minutes my sister came back home from college.

„Where's my bitch" she yelled giving me a tight hug.
„You dat bitch" I responded and she chuckled.

„Mom and I made our favorite...pasta bake" she squealed happily and all of us shared a hug.

| | |

After we ate, we cleaned the dishes and sat into the living room to watch our favorite movie which was
‚A star is born'. It was 7 pm so I'd probably go home in an hour or two.

Suddenly in the middle of the movie, my phone started ringing.

„Just a sec" I said getting out of my mamas grip.