𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

Chapter 14
Free woman
by Dirteaz

Onika Maraj

I was tired as hell after telling the police about being in an abusive relationship

I was tired as hell after telling the police about being in an abusive relationship. I told them everything. How it started, when it started. All of my problems were now shared with people who didn't judge me, who gave me support.

Especially one was there for me more than anything.
Beyoncé. If it wasn't for her, I'd still be in this kind of relationship. I would still be a victim of the men's society. I would still prefer to not talk about it. I would be ashamed. For being weak, for not showing my self confidence. But believe it or not, you are not weak when you look for help. You are weak when you don't look help. When you do it like me; hiding, not talking about anything, pushing yourself down.

Now that everything has hopefully an end. I could start to live again. When I got out the police station, I felt like complete new woman. A better woman. Almost like I could do everything I've ever dreamt of.

She didn't leave my side. And even we didn't knew each other for a long time. She was a friend everybody could dream about. I wish everyone a Beyoncé in their life. And of course a Robyn.

This night, I pleaded her to stay at my house and spend the night here. As much as I celebrated today, I didn't want to be alone right now. I asked Robyn but she had to work tomorrow. I had to tell her so we would meet up by tomorrow. I really expected Beyoncé to say that she had to work, but she didn't and gave in to stay over.

When we came at my place, I showed her around a bit. She told me that she liked my house and was very impressed by the design.

I was in a good mood. Or no, let's say I wasn't in a bad mood. I was just tired, exhausted. It felt like everything fell of my shoulders but still.

I led her upstairs into my bedroom as I looked for some clothes to take a shower.

„You can make yourself comfortable, I just wanna take a shower" I informed her and she smiled nodding laying down on the bed.

I locked my bathroom door and undressed myself. My whole body was in bruises. They weren't big or anything nor did they hurt.

After taking a shower, I dressed up into a big shirt and some pajama bottoms and got out. Beyoncé was still sitting on my bed scrolling trough her phone.

„You look cute in these" she pointed on my pajamas and I laughed a bit.
„I'll give you something comfortable to change"

Waking to my walk in closet, I looked trough it and found an oversized white shirt and some matching short bottoms.

„Is this okay for you?" I questioned showing her the bottom.
„Sure" she replied taking them out of my hand and disappeared in my bathroom.

I chilled myself on my bed and turned on the tv. I was so happy right now. No Meek. No hits. No anxiety. For the first time in a while.