01

Unedited!

An sixteen year old Ivy, carefully runs down the wooden stairs of orphanage. Her natural red hair is hitting her back softly with each step she takes to reach downstairs. Smiling, she makes her way into the kitchen and greets Greta, the caretaker of orphanage. Ivy considers her as her mother. This woman has literally treated Ivy like her own.

"Hey Greta! Good morning..." Ivy greets the older woman. Greta gives her a smile in response but for some reason her face looks dull.

"Is everything ok?" Ivy asks concerned.

"Yes my child. Everything is fine." Greta tries to assure her but Ivy can clearly see that she is lying.

"I don't think if you are fine. Tell me Greta please."

"It's nothing really." Ivy half heartily nods her head.

"Just because you say. But if there is something worrying you, please tell me. Maybe I can help." Ivy tells her, noticing that children are entering in the kitchen.

After the breakfast, Ivy grabs her handbag and heads out. Today is the weekend and Ivy works double shift in a diner. The salary is enough to cover few of the day to life expenses and she also manage to help a little in the orphanage expenses. Mostly she is trying to save money for the time she will need to move out when she will turn 18.

She is a junior in the small public highschool of city. Due to her high IQ, she is trying her luck to earn scholarship to study further.

Small bells on the door of diner chimes as she enters with a small smile on her face. She greets her coworkers with a sweet smile and heads towards the locker room to change.

It doesn't take her long to get ready. She makes her way into the kitchen and greets Aily, the cook. Hours spend by her rushing around the diner, taking orders and serving food. At the end of the day, she is exhausted.

After looking up late night 11'O clock, Ivy and her coworker Mia part their ways. Ivy clutches her bag tightly in her knuckle and rushes to get to the orphanage.

A sigh of relief leaves Greta's lips as Ivy finally enters through the front door.

"Sorry. It was a busy day." Ivy sighed. Greta gives her a sympathetic smile.

"Go take a bath. I will warm up some food for you."

"No no no. There's no need. I have already eaten. I am just going straight to the bed." After kissing Greta's cheek, Ivy whispered her goodnight and heads upstairs towards her room.

Greta sighs staring at Ivy's back. The young girl was struggling so much to make the day end meets. Greta clearly remembers the day when she found her. She was only two months.

Someone left her at the orphanage door in a cold stormy night. With only a small necklace and a note that said her name and age. Ivy treasure that necklace still this day. Ivy was only 6 years old when Greta told her about this but she was surprised when Ivy said that isn't angry at her parents or whoever left her here. She didn't knew in which circumstances they left her here and she didn't wanted to blame anyone.

Ivy is a naïve angelic girl. She has a heart of pure gold. It concerns Greta when she worries about others a bit too much. But it is just the way she is.

"Good morning Mr. Smith!" Ivy cheerfully greets the street bookstore owner. The small bookstore is at the corner of the road and it is run by an 70 years old Mr. Garrett Smith.

Ivy gets down from her bicycle and makes her way towards him.

"Little Angel. What are you doing here this early morning?"

"I was just passing by to work. Do you need help?" She points at the huge bundles of new books that are scattered on the table.

"How generous of you little Angel." Ivy takes it as que and starts to collect the books.

It takes her complete half an hour to arrange the books in the shelves. She claps her hands as the work is finally done.

"All done. I better head to work now." Mr. Smith smiles at her and pats the young girl's head. After yelling a bye over her shoulder she quickly gets on her bike and quickly pushes the paddles to reach her workplace.

She is out of breath when she finally manages to reach there. She rushes to get inside but however her way is blocked by an muscular arm.

She glances up to see a dangerous looking tall man standing in front of her way.

"You can't get inside." He tells her. But however his tone sounds arrogant and rude. Ivy frowns and tilts her head slightly to the side in confusion.

"Why? I work here." She whispers. With narrow stare he looks at her up and down.

"Doesn't matter! Go home little girl."

"Bu--"

"Eliza! Boss is calling." Door opens and one other scary man in suit walks out.

"Ok." The mean guy 'Eliza' walks inside while completely ignoring Ivy's curious stare.

"And yes little miss."

"Umm I work here." She tells him the same thing.

"Right! Well little miss there is a disheartening news for you. The owner is closing the place." The man informs her sounding nonchalant.

Ivy gasps. Tears starts to burn in her eyes already.

"W-what are you saying?" She asks while carefully holding the tremble of her voice.

"You already hear me! Our boss has bought this place and the previous owner have accepted a good amount of cash in exchange of it." Ivy feels her shoulders slump in defeat.

"Who is your boss?" She mumbles slowly.

"Mr. Santiago!"

So what do you guys think?

The updates will be slow on wattpad. But if you want daily updates, you can head to my patreon profile under the tiers section..
Link of my patreon page is in my profile❤