33 and 34

As the first ray of sun hit Ivy's face, she was completely ready to just get the hell out of here. Whole last night, her eyes never caught the blink of sleep. She was exhausted. She had been feeling well and scared from inside.

Her feet carried her downstairs but however she paused in the middle of staircase. A warm feeling seeped out of her heart as her eyes made contact with a familiar pair of emotionless eyes.

There was a sudden burst of energy in her body when without her brain's acknowledging, she rushed into the warm embrace of her brother.

Tears lined her cheeks as she tightened her hold around him. Scoffing and glares of her mother and stepfather were totally ignored. Others were nowhere to be seen.

"I will take my sister now." Valentino said coldly.

"We hope to see you again soon, Ivy." Seth spoke for the sake of formality. But scowled when Ivy and Valentino never turned to look at him.

Ivy refused to let Valentino go no matter what anyone say. Still holding her, he led her outside towards his waiting car.

They passed Sinister. He never bothered to glance at Ivy who was trying hard to control her tears in and hiding her face in Valentino's chest seemingly unaware of her surroundings. But his eyes sure did clashed with Valentino burning with nothing but hatred toward each and other.

Micah was already waiting in the driver seat while continuously tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. A clear sign of anxiousness.

The anxiety seemed to waver off a little as his eyes fell on Ivy being cradled gently like a little baby in Valentino's arms. Valentino wasted no other second to provide her the cocoon of much needed warmth as so on as they were seated inside the car, by hugging her back tightly with the same passion.

Micah started the car but his weary eyes continuously moved towards siblings through the rearview mirror.

Her small cries suddenly grew silent. She slowly lifted her head to look in her brother's gentleness filled eyes.

"I-I-I d-don't wa*hiccup*nt t-to b-be *hiccup* a-away f-from y-y-you..." She complained with a pitiful look on her face.

Valentino's fists clenched. What have they done to my sister?

"That was a fucking bad idea! I TOLD YOU!" Suddenly Micah burst from the driver seat as he slammed his foot on the breaks, forcing the car to stop in the middle of road.

The action was enough to startle Ivy. She looked at Micah's seething bulky frame with wide eyes.

Have she been so invested in crying that she never noticed another person but Valentino present near her?

"Don't act irrational, Micah!" Valentino's voice was filled with authority.

Micah grumbled under his breath but started the car again.

Ivy felt fingers under her chin that make her look up in Valentino's concern filled eyes.

"Tell me everything."

Ivy gulped, recalling the crazy memories.

"They burnt my stuff." She whispered lowly while starting to narrate the whole story of three traumatized day but however Valentino interrupted her with his comment.

"Figured.."

Ivy gave him a confused look. He just shook his head.

"I tried to contact you that day. We all did actually." Micah grumbled, explaining the few missing bits.

Narrating the few other incidents ended up plainly simple but the mention of last night's incident had easily awaken the rage in Valentino and Micah.

Though Micah struggled but Valentino seemed to have a great experience in controlling his emotions well.