25

There were many things running in Ivy's mind. She was happy after finally finding her family but there was something that remained incomplete.

After hearing about Elena, her mother, Ivy couldn't really determine how to feel about that woman. Sure Elena did loved Lucifer a lot at first but after the death of Haley, it all sounded like she had gone crazy or probably she was brainwashed.

Ivy jumps out of her thoughts when she feels a hand on her shoulder. She looks back at Valentino with a frown on her face.

"What happened?" She asks as he narrows his gaze slightly and smother the creases of her forehead with his fingers.

"Stop frowning and what are you thinking so hard? I have been calling your name from past few moments."

"It's nothing. I was just thinking about some things but it's nothing important.." Ivy shrugs and jumps off the counter.

"You haven't even finished your icecream?" Alessio asks, suddenly announcing his presence and grabs the half eaten icecream bowl in his hands that at first Ivy was eating.

"I don't really feel hungry now."

"Sir." Ivy looks at the guard standing in the doorway of kitchen. In his hand, there's an envelope.

"This is for Godfather." Valentino raises his brow and takes it from him. As Lucifer isn't present, Valentino tear it to open it. His jaw clenches as he read through the documents.

"What is it?" Alessio and Denver asks at the same time. Denver just recently entered in the kitchen. Ivy also stares at her brothers curiously.

"Elena has appealed in front of court for Ivy's custody." Valentino informs his siblings. Ivy's mouth drops open.

"B-but why would she do this?" She asks confused.

"Because she knows that this is the only last chance to take you out from here, away from us. Her husband and stepsons are crazy fuckers. It must be their foolish plan." Denver rolls his eyes, stating his theory.

Ivy feels somewhat uncomfortable.

"I don't want to go to her." She thinks, not realizing that she is speaking out loud.

Ivy looks up at Alessio who places his hand on her shoulder in a comforting way.

"Don't you worry." Ivy gives him a faint smile back.

The Santiago brothers waited for Lucifer's return till midnight to inform him about this.

"What are we doing next, father?" Alessio asks worriedly. He just got his little sister back and hell he would let anyone take her away from her real family.

Lucifer is about to respond but suddenly his phone rings. He looks at the unknown number with a tick mark on his forehead. It was like he knew who was calling him at this time.

He decides to answer and speaks up without giving the choice to other person to speak.

"These past 12 years, it was your chance to keep my daughter away from me but after finally finding her, hell I would let you get her again."

Elena chuckles from the other line.

"We will see." She whisperes in a mocking tone. Lucifer's jaw clenches. It just revealed that Elena had officially gone crazy after living in the presence of six psychopaths. She was no longer that sweet lady anymore, her character is now venomous.

****************One month later

It had been complete one month since Ivy came to knew about her family. Right now she was standing in front of the mirror, staring at her reflection.

After months, she's going to finally step out from the grounds of Santiago family, her family's mansion, her home.

Today's the day when Ivy will choose with whom she would like to spend this year until she turn 18. The custody case had been dragged on from since the past month due to the conflicts between both families and in the end it was Ivy's decision that matter the most.

It was funny. How she had spend her whole entire life being orphan and now her parents were fighting to take her in. There was no doubt that she was going to choose her father and brothers no matter what happens but a part of her was curious to finally meet her mother.

Evil or not, the woman had given her birth. Ivy was feeling a tiniest bit of attachment to her.

"Let's go Ivy." Denver's voice reaches her ears. Ivy sighs as she takes one last glance at her reflection hoping that nothing crazy happen.