15

"Alessio said that he would be back by lunch time but the school is already going to over. Where is he?" Ivy tugs Denver's wrist stopping him in the middle of his way and repeats the same question. Denver sighs and turns back. He looks down at her short frame.

"He must have caught up with some work." Ivy just frowns at his neverending excuse and stares in the opposite direction annoyed and angry when he starts to drag her out of the building.

He literally lifts her up and drop her on his bike and then get on. Upon reaching her work place, he tells her to get off. With the small wave of his hand, he was gone.

Ivy enters through the sliding door of diner and greets Diana. Diana grins at her.

"Ivy. It's so nice to see you again sweetheart." Ivy just smiles at her dumbly. She is really touched by this woman's kindness and gentleness.

"The locker rooms are this way. You can keep your school uniform on. There's no need to change but if you wish to, there is some spear clothes that you would find in your locker. Then come straight to me and I will introduce you to the others."

Ivy's eyes accidentally makes eye contact with Eliza as soon she enters back after changing out of her school uniform in simple white tee and black jeans. The tee had diner's logo imprinted.

Eliza stares at her with blank eyes and then turns his attention down on his phone. After Diana introduces her to her coworkers, she tells Ivy to start with her work. Eliza is the first one that Ivy gets to serve.

"What can I get you?" She asks slowly.

"Black coffee."

He is a bitter person. Ivy had already guessed his choice of drink. She giggles in her mind. The rest of the next five hours goes by smoothly but what surprises Ivy is that Eliza hasn't moved a inch from his seat. He has continuously ordered black coffee about like five times already.

As soon Ivy changes back into her uniform and grabs her school bag, she is all set to return to orphanage and to her surprise Eliza is also gone.

She exits the sliding door and makes her way towards the empty road. It has already dawn and there aren't many people walking on this street.

Ivy again tries to call Alessio and he still did not answered. Ivy pauses in the middle of her way when she feels like someone is watching her. Looking back abruptly, she finds the whole street empty with no trace of anyone.

She shrugs to herself. She was overthinking too much. Finally when she enters in the orphanage and the doors closes behind her, Eliza steps out from the shadows.

"She has reached back home safely." He texted the oldest Santiago brother and then he starts to make his way towards the one of dark alley.

After mustering the courage in her, Ivy finally clicks on the screen to call Valentino. Denver refused to tell her anything about Alessio's whereabouts. Now maybe Valentino will help relieve this worry she is feeling for Alessio. He is her friend like bestfriend type friend after all.

Ivy still ponders over the idea of really getting the truth of Alessio's absence from Valentino by even confronting him if needed but her mind turns blank when Valentino finally answered the call.

"Yes Ivy." His voice sounds blank but in truth it is hiding gentleness and surprise because he never really thought that she would ever call him.

"Umm do you have any idea where Alessio is?" Valentino's eyes softens for a slight moment after hearing the concern and slight fear her small voice drips.

"He met with a little accident on his way back home from 'work' but he would be fine in the few days. He's resting at home now." Ivy's body trembles unknowingly after hearing Valentino's words.

"H-how?" She choked out.

"That isn't important now Ivy. You can come to the mansion if you wish to meet him."

"Thank you." She says back but it only comes out as a whisper.

"You don't have to thank me, Ivy and stop crying, you are a strong girl always remember that." Shortly after he hangs up the call but his few words manages to fill Ivy's heart with warmth.

Now the next chapter will be coming out next month. Hope you like these triple updates. Have a good day/night
Get access to the completed book on patreon. Link is in the profile...