32

On the third day, Elena decides to take Ivy out for shopping. She really did spend the whole day there and in the evening, she drags her to one of the club of family.

"I need to take some files from Sinister. Then we will on our way back home. Do you wish to come with me?" Elena asks sweetly and cheerfully but this happiness doesn't reach her eyes just like last time.

She's pretending to be happy and content around Ivy and it irks Ivy a lot. She knows that her mother dislike her. Even though she doesn't want to admit it but it hurts. It really hurts deep in her heart.

"No thank you. I-I will wait here." She answers.

Elena tsks and mumbles.

"Suit yourself." Secretly rolling her eyes, Elena exits the car.

Sighing tiredly, Ivy leans back against her seat and gazes in the darkness in front of her.

Seconds becomes minutes and minutes changes into hours. Elena never comes out. While waiting, Ivy manages to doze off in between somewhere.

But within few moments of sleeping comfortably, a shiver chills down her spine and it makes her eyes to snap open. Goosebumps travels across her skin head to toe and she slowly turns her head to look out of the window where she's been feeling eyes on her.

Her heart's in her throat the moment her eyes make contact with beady brown eyes. The unfamiliar fair skinned man smiles creepily at her. With his hands over his head, he's peeking inside at her.

A small eep escapes her lips and she stumbles back. He continues to stare at her and smile at her.

"Come out babygirl." He mouths to her.

Ivy can already feel tears gathering in her eyes.

"We will have fun." Teem long, she tears her gaze away from him and tries to search for something that could be useful at such situation.

Perhaps, a weapon or a phone.

She flinches, crawling away when he bangs his fists on the window.

Sobbing, she hides her face under her arms. Her sobs grows leader within moments. Her mind's only on her father and brothers, Eliza and Micah. She needs them. She needs their embraces so just she can hide forever.

Suddenly, her brain notices that there's quiet. Too quiet. Slowly lifting her tearful eyes, she looks at the group of males standing a little away from her.

A sudden wave of dizziness hit her when she takes a glimpse of one of them dragging something in the darkness.

Her vision is distorted by a person. Slowly gazing up, she finds Cade standing in front of her. He unlocks the door and motions her to get out.

A little skeptical, she forces her body to move. Her eyes fails to notice the trail of blood in the path as Cade grabs her wrist and pulls her in the direction of his shiny bike that is standing nearby.

Looking back at the tiny shivering girl, he couldn't help but feel annoyed.

She's so damn weak and small, unable to protect herself.

What if he didn't arrive on time here or that man manage to break through the window?

When he arrived at the club, he never expected to find a crazy, drunk bastard banging fists on one of his family's car.

Hell, he never expected to find this girl inside, crying her eyes out.

The look in her eyes was horrible. He knows that this traumatic incident impacted her brain greatly.

He had send one of his friend inside to get the car keys. God gracias that Elena was smart enough to lock the car.

He wasn't surprised when his friend told him that Elena's drunk her ass off and she's busy partying with her group of friends that she hadn't expected to meet here today.

Groaning internally, he thrusts his jacket in her arms. Slowly, Ivy takes it and whispers a quiet thanks that he never cared to actually hear.

Leaving his friends behind to take care of the mess, he gets on the bike and waits for Ivy to do the same.

With all settled, his bike finally roars to life with one kick and he takes off in the darkness.

Hope you like this chapter. Make sure to give it a star if you do....

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile....