35

Ivy slowly stepped out of the car and followed her siblings to their school building. Few audible murmurs and whispers reached their ears but they remained unaffected.

As they stood at the hallway waiting for Ivy to place her books in her locker, a loud shout caught their attention.

Ivy looked back at the sound frowning. There were students crowding around something. Alessio and Denver shared a knowing glance. Ivy wanted to go over there and see what was the commotion about but Alessio softly grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards their class.

"Hey...I wante--"

"Keep your nose out of these stupid things." Denver poked her forehead making her groan lightly.

They entered the empty classroom and dragged Ivy towards the very end. She watched with a displeased look on her face as Denver throw his feet on the table and leaned back on his chair while closing his eyes.

Soon enough, the class started to fill in. The teacher surprisingly arrived on time. The class was going on smoothly but within few minutes, Mrs. Jades lecture was abruptly disturbed.

The door was banged open revealing none other than twins Jayden and Hayden. Jayden with his creepy-polite smile on his face and Hayden displaying a fakest smile on his emotionless face. It looked even more creepiest.

Ivy held back a shiver when their eyes snapped at her. Hayden's smile just widened ten times. Ivy was smart enough to look away when he opened his mouth probably to greet her by the nickname he had given her.

They went in the other corner of the room. That's whenever she noticed that others were staring at the twins with a fearful look on their faces. Even the teacher looked close to passing out.

Couldn't really blame them! Her stepbrothers looked close enough to be crazy psychopaths with those psychotic smiles.

The whole day rolled on slowly. Ivy was grateful that her brothers never left her side and they didn't let her come across their step siblings.

When the day at the hell was finally over, Ivy was ready to run back home. Exhausted right now, she wanted nothing but a good few hours nap.

But as she was going towards her car following by her brothers, she bumped into a least expected person she had thought about meeting again.

"Ivy dear." The woman smiled gently but now Ivy could actually see through it. It looked sickly sweet.

Her brothers stood side by her side with a glare and emotionless look on their faces. Ivy's heart swarmed with happiness seeing that they were being protective over her.

"What are you doing here, Greta?" Ivy turned her attention back to the old, frail woman in front of her.

"I-I come to meet you dear." There was a small crack in her words and it made Ivy to break her stern her walls.

She couldn't blame herself. The woman standing in front of her had practically raised her. Even if she was only keeping tabs on her due to Elena's order but it never occurred to her that Greta's affection could be fake.

"I missed you. We all miss you a lot." Hearing these words, a small tinge of guilt casted over her emotions. She couldn't really believe herself that she actually forget about her friends and the ones with whom she grew up together.

"We will really like it if you can visit the orphanage again. Even if it for few minutes only. Kids are keep asking about you. They want to say proper goodbye to you." Greta forced a smile as there were tears forming in her eyes.

Ivy hesitantly looked towards Alessio and Denver who were staring right at Greta with raised brows and look of suspicion and a hint of glare on their faces.

Alessio sighed when he saw a look of sadness that dulled over Ivy's features.

"You can ask dad."

Ivy nodded and looked back at Greta whose facial expression showed like all her hopes were shattered.

"I will ask papa. I am sure he will agree." Her words sent visible relief on Greta's face. She slowly nodded and tried to step forward but hesitated when Denver's eyes narrowed at her move.

"I will be wai- I mean we all will be waiting." With these final words, she turned over her heels.

Ivy went to sit inside the car but Alessio and Denver kept staring at Greta's back until she was out of sight. They finally decided to get in their car and drove out of there.

At the few meter range, Hayden and Jayden were standing near their bikes. Jayden had his eyebrow raised and Hayden was fake smiling for no reason.

"That woman-she looks suspicious for some reason." Surprisingly, it was Hayden who broke the silence between them, his smile remained on his face.

"Hmm. I smell trouble." Humming, Jayden replied agreeing to his twin.

I hope you like the new cover of book.... I'm kinda not really a artistic person pol

You can check out the completed book on Patreon. The link to my patreon account is in my profile