47

Five years later....

That incident happened exactly like five years ago took a heavy toll on Ivy's life. She was mentally really depressed that it worried the both 'Santiago' and 'Lombardi' family.

It was hard to pull her out of those horrid, suicidal thoughts but they slowly gained success. It took her almost three months to recover and when she and her papa talked about this, she was shocked to finally know that man was one of her uncle.

He wanted to make Lucifer pay for some 'past matters' that's why he kidnapped her and attempted to sell her off with the intention to taint her soul so Lucifer would have to suffer.

However his plan was unsuccessful when her elder brother and stepbrother Valentino and Sinister arrived after changing their appearances.

It was hard for Valentino to buy his own little sister like she was some piece of item but he had to do it for her own safety. They wanted to first get her out of there without further harm.

After she was finally get to the safe place, he didn't hesitate to give hell to the culprit.

When some three months later, she finally recovered from this traumatic experience, she wished to get out of the country to continue her further studies in university of Oxford. It was like her dream that come true.

Within these five years, she had been in touch with the both families and few of the members have also came to meet her several times. She had also met with few guys of her age and finally at the age of 20, she got into an relationship.

Her boyfriend was a sweet, cute guy. His curly mess of hair had first grabbed her attention and Ivy felt like she really did fell in love with him at the first sight.

Now she was 23 and it was the day she would be returning back to her home. She was excited, overly enthusiastic but something was troubling her.

There comes the hard part. Matthew would be coming back to her home with her. Ivy and him were planning about introducing him to her families but it was the most difficult part.

Her father, brothers and stepbrothers were protective over her, like overprotective. Ivy had not any guts to tell them about Matthew in the past three years.

Because everytime she will think about this, her brothers and stepbrothers indirect excluding Cade's direct warning started to ring in her ears. Cade had directly threatened that he would break that guy's legs. Simply put, she wasn't allowed to date till she turn somewhat 40 or something.

Stupid? Yes! She knows it clearly. But her families weren't the one to make jokes and take things lightly especially her stepfamily.

Ivy sighed thinking that the only one who maybe support her would be Elena, her mother.

She could convince Tony by shedding few tears and Alessio would no doubt support her. But Denver? He was a complete different case and completely unpredictable. It would depend on his mood whether he would support her or not.

If she was talking about Eliza, she was sure that he would disagree. He liked to get on her nerves from the very early start when she met him. Micah might be convincing.

Then comes Sinister. Ivy and him didn't really used to talk to each other. He was always busy but Ivy always felt his eyes on her. She knows that he cares about her from since the moment he came for her rescue with Tony.

Vikram was a closed off person who liked to keep things to himself but when she was leaving for University, he had said that he was only a call away if she needs him. He cared, yes! But cared enough to support her and Matthew dating, she wasn't sure.

Cade was completely out of line. He would most possibly do as he said and Ivy quoted 'I will break his legs and lock you forever in the castle and swallow the key.' Cliche? Yes but when Cade said these words, Ivy was ready to faint in fear. No doubt, Cade is the most scary brother.

Then comes the twins Jayden and Hayden. Ivy doubted if they would even care to disagree on her dating someone. It would be too troublesome for them.

But after all of her brothers, the most difficult one is Lucifer, her father. Ivy was anxious to even think about the pros and cons of telling him. He didn't call her 'little star' for no reason. She knows that she was indeed the star of his life. Hell he would let anyone take her away from him.

"Babe. You will manage to bend your phone with this sheer strength of yours." Matthew's playful voice reached her ears, snapping her out of her thoughts.

Ivy looked down and indeed she was clutching her phone too tight that it might really bend or break in two pieces. Matthew chuckled.

Ivy looked up at his smiling face and glared.

"I am not worrying about myself here, Matt. I am actually thinking about you. You see, today might be your last day on earth." Ivy stated sarcastically, while rolling her eyes.

"Ahmm and why is that?" He gulped.

"We are meeting my families. I could only just say that you better pray for yourself."

He scratched his chin with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I know about this and it can't be really that bad." He said bluntly but seeing a distant smile painted on her face, he gulped and asked again.

"Right?"

Before Ivy could response, the flight attended announced that they were close to landing and instructed everyone to put on their seatbelts.

After securing her seatbelt, Ivy looked at Matthew's face. He was frowning and no doubt scared. She resisted the urge to coo at his handsome, cute face.

"We will get through this together, don't worry." She grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers. Matthew's smile came back on his lips.

"I won't let them kill you but I can't guarantee you that I could stop them from breaking your bones." Ivy said truthfully.

Matthew pouted and shoved his face in her neck. He suddenly bit her skin making her gasp.

"You are no fun babe."

Ivy giggled and kissed his head.

"You are right. There is no fun. Horror movie is just about to get started."