06

"Don't you get lost in such beautiful huge house?" House is an understatement though. Alessio laughs at her words and then shakes his head. Ivy just gaps while looking around the beauty of this extravagant castle.

He finally tugs her through a door and comes to an abrupt stop. Ivy pants slightly feeling like she is running a marathon. With wide eyes, she glances around this huge dining hall. It is of the same size as half of her entire orphanage.

Ivy feels her stomach growl at the sight of delicious food that is settled on the royal table. That's when her eyes falls on Lucifer Santiago. She stares back at him with wide eyes. She slowly moves her eyes to look at Alessio's brother who goes into the same school as them. He is also staring at her with an raised brow.

That's when she averts her gaze to look at the last Santiago's family member. He is an exact replica of Mr. Lucifer Santiago in scary terms. He is watching her moves with an emotionless face.

The more she watches the more something familiar she catches in their appearance. Like Alessio and her brothers have gray eyes but when she looks at Lucifer she finds that her own blue eyes are exactly same as him. It's a weird coincidence. Excluding the brothers' eyes their other features are exactly same as their father.

Suddenly Ivy resists the urge to hide behind Alessio's broad back. The silence is eating her alive.

"Umm Greta must be waiting for me. I should go." Ivy tries to tell Alessio while softly whispering but the rest of them hears her perfectly.

"Why don't you finish the food first?" Alessio says in his normal deep voice. But suddenly Ivy grabs the sleeve of his hoodie completely shocking herself and Alessio too.

"I am not hungry. I really need to go." She whispers back.

"I will drop you there, Ivy." Alessio offers her but she shakes her head.

"Where is Coco?" She asks.

"Outside in garage."

"So I will take her."

"As you wish." Alessio sighs and looks towards the door.

"Eliza!" He calls someone's name. On the que, the same mean bodyguard from that day steps in.

"Yes boss." Eliza says while narrowing his eyes at Ivy. Of course, he remembers her.

"Lead my friend outside." Eliza nods his head.

"I will meet you tomorrow at school." Alessio smiles at her. Ivy smiles back and waves her hand a little. When Ivy is gone, Denver, Alessio's twin decides to speak.

"Why are you so persistent about this girl?" He raises his brow.

"There is just something different about her. She seems so innocent. Don't you guys think so?"

"She is tiny but speaks a lot! I find it annoying." Denver rolls his eyes. Alessio laughs a little while taking his seat beside Valentino, their older brother.

"Don't get too closer to her, Alessio." Lucifer speaks with an usual authority and emotionlessness in his tone. Alessio just nods his head back in understanding.

"I won't dad!" Their lives are filled with danger and action and sure does innocent Ivy do not belong in their world.

*******************

"You almost died yesterday. What if I didn't pressed on the breaks? Your tiny body would have crushed under the wheels." Eliza tells her. To his surprise, she smiles at him.

"Oh thank you so much for saving me."

"Your first floor is seriously dumb..." Ivy pouts at his mean words but suddenly stops.

"Oh no! I forgot my shoes upstairs." She tells him by widening her eyes.

"That's why I called you dumb! Micah!" Eliza calls someone's name. The another slightly mean bodyguard from that day magically appears in front of them.

"What?" He raises his brow questionably.

"Little girl forget her shoes upstairs. Will ya take them here." Without a word, Micah heads inside. Ivy plays with her toe by making half circles on the ground.

"So you go to the same school as Bosses?" Ivy slowly nods her head in response.

"I recommended last night that we leave you on the road but Godfather didn't agreed." He murmurs lowly.

"Who is Godfather?" Ivy asks curiously without caring of his full statement.

"Our head boss."

"Oh you mean sir Lucifer Santiago?" Eliza nods his head stiffly.

"I like the tone of Godfather." Ivy giggles.

"Can I tell you a secret? Your Godfather is scary." She asks and tells him without even waiting for his response. Before they could talk further, Micah finally arrived there with her shoes in his hand.

"You need to buy new shoes." Micah said while throwing her old rugged shoes near her feet.

"They are good to go for few more months." Ivy tells him while crouching down to put them on.

"Did you get a new job?" Micah asks.

"Yes. I work in the library now. They pay less but it is better than nothing." She smiles while standing up and follows Micah and Eliza.

"Coco!" Ivy shouts happily and ran towards her bike to huge its wheel.

"It's good to see you alright." She kisses its handle making Micah furrow his brows and Eliza rolls his eyes.

"I am gonna go now. Bye." Finally she bids her farewell. Eliza nods his head and Micah waves a little.

"Don't you find her weird?" Micah says lowly.

"I think she hit her head a little too hard last night." Eliza mutters back watching as she one last time waves at the guards that are standing at the front gate.

Get access upto 31 chapters on patreon. Link is in my profile