05

Ivy groans waking up in the next morning. She looks awestruck at the same time when she looks around her surroundings. She is in a beautiful gigantic room and laying on this huge cloudy like bed. The silk bedsheets feels so soft underneath her.

If there is actual heaven in this world so she can perfectly claim that this is the right place. She sits up on the bed but winces a little while holding her head. It is hurting a lot.

Last time she remembers getting into an accident and seeing Mr. Lucifer Santiago's face. She swallows thickly and immediately gets up from the bed. She forgets to put her shoes on and swiftly heads towards the door. The cold marble floor feels good underneath her feet.

She wraps her hand around the cold doorknob and twists it open. The door opens and she steps out. Her eyes widens as they make contact with a scary looking guard standing outside her door with a huge loaded gun.

Ivy's eyes widens in amazement.

"Woah." She stumbles back a little as the guard narrows his scary eyes at her but Ivy is careless to see this.

"Sir your gun is so freaking cool. Can I touch?" She asks for permission while moving a step forward but he just stares at her, trying his best to intimidate her. But instead of getting scared Ivy pouts.

"Can I click selfie with it and you?" She asks but gets silence in response in return.

"Ivy!" Ivy looks up hearing Alessio's voice. She blinks her eyes in surprise and rubs them with her fists. She can't be dreaming or is she? Because there is no way Alessio is standing right in front of her.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I am good. But my head hurts a little but don't worry I feel like it will be fine soon...... But-but what are you doing here, Alessio? More like what am I doing here? I should be at the orphanage and probably getting ready for school right now.......From the orphanage, I remember Greta and others must be very worried.......Oh no! I really need to head back home. But how am I going to go back home? I need to go to school fast. My baby, my Coco. What about Coco huh? She must be so injured from the last night. Oh no, I feel like crying....."

Tears fills the corner of her eyes as with a sad expression she looks at Alessio. He is leaning back against the wall casually while listening to her rant.
"Why are you so quiet?" Ivy whines lowly.

"You are finished with your speech already?" He asks with a hint of mockery.

"I am sorry and yes, I am finished." She slumps her shoulders a little too much in defeat.

"First, this is my home and second my father took you here last night. You were unconscious. Third, I will drive you to the orphanage later. Fourth, schools are closed today due to some construction work. Fifth, I don't know who Coco is. Just try to answer in a one or two words without actually ranting." He says.

"My bicycle." She answers while rocking on her toes.

"Oh! I see. Don't worry your bicycle is all good to go." He assures her.

"Thank you so much." She beams at him brightly but a question comes across her mind.

"So you are Mr. Lucifer Santiago's son?" She asks curiously. Alessio nods his head.

"I don't want to sound rude but your dad is a meanie." She stands up on her toes to whisper the last word in Alessio's ear who lets out a small chuckle.

"You are strange, Ivy!" He shakes his head at her amused but then also grabs her hand.

"Let's go downstairs." Without giving her an chance to say anything, he starts to tug her towards the grand staircase.

"How many of you live here?" Ivy questions.

"We are 4. My father, me and my two brothers." He answers.

"What about these scary big guys?" Ivy asks confused.

"They have their own separate quarters outside the mansion...." Ivy's head spins a little at his words as they keep going on and on neverending corridors.

Get early access of upto 26 chapters on Patreon. Link is in my profile...❤